Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Acceleration vs. SP1 SP2

If someone has FSX, an early version, updated with free patches SP1 and SP2, then what are they missing by not having acceleration installed?

-----------

Reason I ask: I can install FSX Gold and everything runs fine. As  soon as I run the install disc for acceleration (which comes inside the FSX Gold package) then FSX will only run 30 minutes and complain about activation.

There are MS help pages on activation. I followed all the instructions, didn't help.

---

My solution is I just run FSX-SE which does not have this problem on my laptop.

Meanwhile on my desktop I use FSX Gold with Acceleration installed from the same set of FSX Gold box that I used on the laptop. It runs fine without complaining about activation. 

---

Summation: FSX gold including acceleration runs fine on my desktop.

When I use the same install discs on a laptop, FSX gold runs fine unless I then run the acceleration install disc. After I do that  it only runs 30 minutes and then shuts down complaining of activation needed. All the MS help pages on this issue did not help. 

So I just run FSX-SE  on the laptop and I'm happy with that. It's only a laptop so don't mind if I don't have a few add-ons that will not work with SE. I can run them on the desktop.

There's no use for me to fight the acceleration activation issue, if I can get almost the same result with SP1 and SP2?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Acceleration added some additional aircraft (FA-18, P-51D) and missions (Carrier operations and Reno air races) The biggest improvement was the addition of Aircraft Carrier operations, both landing on a carrier with arresting hooks, and catapult takeoffs. Note FSX-SE includes Acelleration

Why not simply install FSXSE on your PC?

As long as you're logged into Steam on just one of the two devices, you can run FSXSE as long as you want to.