Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Elevation

Greetings,

Congratulations on the new release. I posted this in a thread in the FSX forum. Perhaps it was misplaced.

I noticed that the new version of Pilot2ATC would take elevation into account when assigning altitudes, so as not to fly one's plane into a mountain, etc. As far as I know, no other atc does this. Is this a USA only feature? I do much of my flying in Canada. Approaching Calgary from the west is problematic for most ATC addons.

Perhaps you could give me some guidance. I do have a navigraph subscription and if Pilot2ATC reads sectionals, I could create those files. If not, forgive the flight (pun not intended) of fancy:)

Thanks

Hi Graham.

Yes, if you request an altitude change from ATC while in flight, P2A will check to see if it is below a minimum safe enroute altitude before it grants the change.  It calculates that safe altitude by sampling the elevation along the route and adding a user specified "MinEnrouteAGL" to it.  The higher you set this, the safer you are from sampling misses in mountainous terrain.

It will also validate your flight plan route if you ask it to, and if your Cruise Altitude is below FL180, and you have the setup correct, it will do the same check and if it finds your planned cruise altitude is too low, it will raise it.

It does all this by looking at actual elevation data, so no need to input anything to make it work around the globe.

This is all available in the current version also.

Dave

Very impressive. Am looking forward to release. Will purchase v2 as I am not a voice advocate. We conversed when you first released your product. You said that over time you would advance the ATC functionality. I looked through the beta of the new manual. You have certainly lived up to that. Kudos to you.

Very impressive. Am looking forward to release. Will purchase v2 as I am not a voice advocate. We conversed when you first released your product. You said that over time you would advance the ATC functionality. I looked through the beta of the new manual. You have certainly lived up to that. Kudos to you.

Yep, the 'Say It' if a fantastic function if you do not want to use voice to communicate with ATC.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image