Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

If you aren't up to dogfighting, but....

flight dynamics are a must to you, which is my case, and has made me fall into some kind of addiction playing DCS World because of the ver good flight dynamics we have there for the ww2 birds, then...

Then, just like I did, I seriously recommend using A2A's p51d Military version....

Well, I'm that guy that, from time to time, uninstalls FSX ( now FSX:SE ) weeps out every backup of his aircraft add-ons, and then, after a couple of months, sometimes more, asks Lewis or Scott to re-enable my downloads at my account...

After more than 3 months addictively playing DCS World, flying mostly the Bf109 K-4 because I don't really like the feel of the P51d in DCS World, and actually always found more plausible in some aspects the Civil Mustang I have from A2A, I decided to re-install FSX:SE, try the latest version of ASN ( which is even better now... ), and... just as I got to the aircraft re-install phase I found out most of my A2A downloads had no additional downloads available :-(

I had the Comanche available, the Spitfire Wings of Power and it's Accusim module available, and only the Accusim module of the P51d available. As I was ashamed of contacting Scott or Lewis asking for new downloads of the remaining modules in my account, and since I had never had the chance to try the military version of the p51d, I decided to buy it last night...

Well ... WOW!!!! It does feel different ( heavier ) from the Civil version, which makes sense to me, and it was really rewarding to be able to "fly" that remarkable A2A creation without having to enter any sort of silly simulated Air Combat session... and spend countless hours looking after the foes to shoot them down, but instead, havinbg to master the even more detailled and deeper simulation of aircraft systems and engine, as well as the weather remarkably recreated by ASN latest version....

ORBSX FTX Global also helps, of course :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I couldn't get really into the DCS. I only have the F15c and the SU27, but i have no interest on learning how to fire a misile.

Good to know that you enjoy so much the BF109, i was thinking on pulling the trigger!

should  get the m-2000  for  dcs  least  you can use  the mouse  to  change  the  switches  etc  in the cockpit  unlike    the f15   and  su27  where  you need  to remember  the  keys shortcuts