Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Flight Plans (Importing and exporting) V2

8 minutes ago, 7 Delta Tango said:

HI Dave,

Ever since SU7 (it would seem, but who knows), I have been getting a misalignment of the track between P2A and MSFS. This is something recent. Never had this issue pror.

I import from P2A the route (with SID/STAR) to the sim. I generally only fly aircraft with the WT Garmin avionics and have found my routes more accurately defined by importing from P2A.

All versions are up to date. Not sure what's going on. Images below. Thoughts? Thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GZF-xQvhTl56n-LEyG8QDoDwtWc6TXkJ?usp=sharing

I find that FS sometimes changes the imported flightplans, I find its best to check both plans are in sync before you get airborne!

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

19 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I use SimBrief to get the enroute route, not including SID, STAR and Approach.  On short hops, you can skip  this since there won't be any aiarways. etc.

Import that, then let P2A select the procedures.  

Works you great.

Dave

Great suggestion, Dave. Wilco.....

Thanks!

There can be a slight mis-alignment due to how each program interprets and applies MagVariation or just how they display a route.

If it's P2A that's showing your aircraft off course, and as long as it's a parallel offset, you should be able to avoid any problems by increasing the Allowed Course Deviation setting on the ATC Settings tab of Config.

Dave

Friends,

Sorry if it was explained already, but I didn’t find: having flight plan created in ForeFlight (.fpl) but can’t figure out how to import it to P2A. Please advice!

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That is not supported.

Dave

Got it, thanks. May you recommend other way, may be you know and it was discussed. The matter is: when planning flight in mountains quite often need to have vertical path profile verification. Currently I found only ForeFlight doing this, providing comfortable possibility to make set of user waypoints with different altitudes and to verify then vertical clearance based on plane performance. My idea was to build the plan in FF and then to transfer it to P2A and MSFS. May be you can recommend other solution for this task?

And may be you have plans to add Garmin files (.fpl) support?

Thanks in advance

Igor

Good morning

¿Could someone explain to me why auto-plan generated with P2A does not export route waypoints?

I
1100 version
CYCLE 2213
ADEP LEBL
DEPRWY RW02
SID SENI1G
SIDTRANS SENIA
ADES LEZL
DESRWY RW27
STAR BLN3E
STARTRANS BLN
APP L27-W
NUMENR 2
1 LEBL ADEP 14 41.29694 2.078333
1 LEZL ADES 111 37.41806 -5.898889

thanks

P2A AutoPlan only adds the procedures (SID, STAR and Approach).  Your example XPlane plan has those added.

If you want airways and enroute waypoints between the SID and STAR, the best way to get that is to create the plan using SimBrief, a free internet resource, then do the web import using the FP Import button to the right of the flight plan in P2A.

If you check the Import Procs option on that dialog, enter your SimBrief PilotId and then press the "Import SimBrief" button, you get a full flight plan with procedures and enroute waypoint/airways.  Or, you can uncheck the Import Procs option and then use the AutoPlan to let P2A pick the runways and procedures.  Either way, you'll have a flyable flight plan.

The P2A AutoPlan feature is handy for shorter flights where airways will not be necessary or desirable.

Dave

El 20/1/2023 a las 21:42, Dave-Pilot2ATC dijo:

P2A AutoPlan solo agrega los procedimientos (SID, STAR y Approach). Su plan XPlane de ejemplo tiene esos agregados.

Si desea aerovías y waypoints en ruta entre SID y STAR, la mejor manera de obtenerlo es crear el plan usando SimBrief, un recurso gratuito de Internet, luego haga la importación web usando el botón Importar FP a la derecha del plan de vuelo en P2A.

Si marca la opción Importar procesos en ese cuadro de diálogo, ingrese su SimBrief PilotId y luego presione el botón "Importar SimBrief", obtendrá un plan de vuelo completo con procedimientos y waypoints/vías aéreas en ruta. O bien, puede desmarcar la opción Importar procesos y luego usar AutoPlan para permitir que P2A elija las pistas y los procedimientos. De cualquier manera, tendrás un plan de vuelo volable.

La función P2A AutoPlan es útil para vuelos más cortos en los que las vías aéreas no serán necesarias o deseables.

dave

As always thank you very much for your quick response Dave. The truth is that with the import of simbrief everything works perfectly, but I wanted to test the P2A auto plan and observed this peculiarity.

Greetings

Hi Dave,

Lately P2ATC is unable to import flightplans made with Little NavMap as MSFS2022 flight plans. I think is a bug in P2ATC because MSFS can open them without a problem, but I am not sure. Shopuld I send you the latest plan? Thank you.

Regards, 

On 12/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, GaGarry said:

Friends,

Sorry if it was explained already, but I didn’t find: having flight plan created in ForeFlight (.fpl) but can’t figure out how to import it to P2A. Please advice!

Thanks in advance

Maybe first import in Little Navmap and then export to .pln and then import in P2A?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)