Sign in to follow this  
Kalamalka

Graphics Problems

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I am unable to find an answer.  Very often the fuselage of active and static aircraft is completely transparent. I have a good system with a i7 4790 4.0 ghz, a EVGA Gforce GTX 960 2GB card, and 8GB of ram.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Transparent like a skeleton and not invisible?  Are you using DX10 mode without the DX10 fixer?

• Upvote 1

If you're using EZDOK, adding airplanes without running the configurator again can cause the skeleton issue.

Regards

Transparent like a skeleton and not invisible?  Are you using DX10 mode without the DX10 fixer?

Not using DX10 mode.

Thanks

If you're using EZDOK, adding airplanes without running the configurator again can cause the skeleton issue.

Regards

Not using EZDOK.

Thanks

Active and Static aircraft as in referring to AI aircraft or Static aircraft and the aircraft you are flying?  Maybe try

turning off aircraft ground shadows and aircraft casts shadow on itself.

Did you enter the highmemfix=1 parameter in the Graphics section of your config?  A bad bufferpools tweak will do this too.

Best regards,

I am not very familiar with the files so not comfortable with tweeking them. Also not familiar with buffer pools.

Are you running the boxed edition of FSX? if so then adding the highmemfix=1 will more than likely sort this out, very easy to do

Configuration of FSX settings is really going to be a necessity if you use advanced add-ons, so that's a skill you'll need to develop.

The good news is that you can always make a backup copy of a config file before you modify it, so going back is as easy as copying the original back.

The highmemfix setting Jim mentioned above is critical...you won't get much to run without it.  There are a number of good FSX setup guides available both here on AVSIM and elsewhere...well worth your time to go through them and at least hit the basics.  FSX was released ten years ago, so without the benefit of the configuration tweaks that have been discovered along the way and a variety of utilities, we wouldn't have nearly the simulator that we do today.

Good luck!

Configuration of FSX settings is really going to be a necessity if you use advanced add-ons, so that's a skill you'll need to develop.

The good news is that you can always make a backup copy of a config file before you modify it, so going back is as easy as copying the original back.

The highmemfix setting Jim mentioned above is critical...you won't get much to run without it.  There are a number of good FSX setup guides available both here on AVSIM and elsewhere...well worth your time to go through them and at least hit the basics.  FSX was released ten years ago, so without the benefit of the configuration tweaks that have been discovered along the way and a variety of utilities, we wouldn't have nearly the simulator that we do today.

Good luck!

Thanks to all who responded. I am learning to adjust the FSX config file as suggested. Old minds work slowly, but I'm sure it will work.