Sign in to follow this  
dutton98

Sim Settings

Hi all, 

I have been following advice from the great support there is on these forums, to get my P3D performing and also looking to the best it can. 

I used to rely quite abit on tweaking, affinity mask and fiber set to 0.01, this seemed to work in P3D v2, but now in V3 seems that they give me stutters and bad blurries. So ive decided to just restore my nvidea inspector profile back to its default, restore my nvidea control panel back to default, and attempt to just use the in sim settings to get the performance i am after and the crisp fast loading textures. 

My question is, can it be done by no tweaks at all? Just using P3D and nothing else. Is it better to lock your frames or leave them on unlimited, Is it better to put Negative lod i think it is in nvidea inspector / panel to clamp or leave it on allow. These are all these thoughts i continue to get. I read somewhere that i should increase my texture bandwith mult to get less blurries, or add texture maxload=30 in. Is this correct? Or is there a better way to do it and just let P3D V3.1 go at it itself. I find myself everytime going back to Nvidea control panel or inspector cause its just so drilled into me that i need to use it from my past experience. Maybe its time to let go lol 

Any tips / Settings you guys are using to get the performace and non blurries. 

Thanks heaps in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Generally tweaks are not needed nor recommended for P3D. There are a few that some folks play with but most remove them and fly without them.

Vic

No tweaks, just use the settings in the sim itself to 'tweak' performance. Which usually simply means you have to lower a few settings until things work okay. But remember that P3D is an upgraded version of FSX so don't expect miracles: you will always see textures or mesh loading, things flickering, some hiccups in certain situations, fps dropping, etc. That's just the limitation of the used engine.

I still use NI Sparse Grid=4x for acceptable AA and P3d.cfg with AM=85 as HT is on. That's it.