Sign in to follow this  
richbarry

Wildlife+ autogen

As there have been a reasonable of downloads of Wildlife+, could a few of the P3D users please provide some feedback on whether it is installing and functioning correctly in P3D.
I have so far only had feedback from FSX users so don't know how P3D users are going.

The exe was compiled with the FSX SP1 Simconnect DLL to try and get compatibility across all FSX & P3D with one exe, but in some cases this doesn't seem to be working as intended, and I did subsequently compile a FSX SP2 DLL version for people having problems.
This is available at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iir5nyz7s5ezfu/Wildlife%2B.exe?dl=0

I'm also happy to provide an exe using the P3D DLL if necessary, but the grand plan is to figure out how to get the 'one size fits all' exe working in the manner I originally intended.

Some feedback from FSX users has been that they prefer to lower the "Number of Objects Created" sliders back lower than my defaults to reduce FPS impact. If FPS is worrying you, then one thing I would suggest in addition to lower slider settings is that if you are not flying near the sea, then deactivate the Sea objects so that they don't get spawned in the first place.

I appreciate any feedback as to how it's going for you.

Cheers

Sure wish directions came with this.  Will check to see if it works, using P3DV1.  Took me a few seconds to realize I had to have my sim on in order to set it up.

As there have been a reasonable of downloads of Wildlife+, could a few of the P3D users please provide some feedback on whether it is installing and functioning correctly in P3D.

I have so far only had feedback from FSX users so don't know how P3D users are going.

The exe was compiled with the FSX SP1 Simconnect DLL to try and get compatibility across all FSX & P3D with one exe, but in some cases this doesn't seem to be working as intended, and I did subsequently compile a FSX SP2 DLL version for people having problems.

This is available at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iir5nyz7s5ezfu/Wildlife%2B.exe?dl=0

I'm also happy to provide an exe using the P3D DLL if necessary, but the grand plan is to figure out how to get the 'one size fits all' exe working in the manner I originally intended.

Some feedback from FSX users has been that they prefer to lower the "Number of Objects Created" sliders back lower than my defaults to reduce FPS impact. If FPS is worrying you, then one thing I would suggest in addition to lower slider settings is that if you are not flying near the sea, then deactivate the Sea objects so that they don't get spawned in the first place.

I appreciate any feedback as to how it's going for you.

Cheers

For me it works fine in v3.1, starting it manually as it have impact on the FPS. I am playing with the settings to find the best performance/look point. There is a lot of parameters to adjust, it will take time to find the sweet spot for my system, but a nice little program, thanks.

Greetings from  Kurt

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Works fine for me, just a warning to others when you install it, lower the amount of autogen being spawned and the distance from you as well, i lost 30fps before i reduced the sliders and figured it out, nice addon, love it.

tpewpb-6.png

Sure wish directions came with this.  Will check to see if it works, using P3DV1.  Took me a few seconds to realize I had to have my sim on in order to set it up.

jfmitch - A complete user manual is in the original download along with required Simobjects and cfg files at http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=wildlife%20v2&CatID=root&Go=Search

The Dropbox download is just an alternative exe if the one in the original download doesn't work for you.

I do seem to be getting the message from a few sources that default settings are a bit dense so will reduce these back in the next round of changes.