Sign in to follow this  
maximilianchen

T7 hangs after ~4hrs flight / during descend

Hi all,

Never thought I would be a victim of CTD but recently (started around 2 weeks ago) I have been experiencing P3D hangs after ~4 hours into my flight.

The hangs are triggered by mouse clicking, on the PFD, ND, or just looking around with middle wheel. The hangs usually take place when I am about to (or has entered into) descend into my destination.  Not too sure whether the hangs are caused by the descend, or the fact that I am approaching the 4 hours mark.

Up until 2 weeks ago everything works flawlessly – this is what baffles me the most.

Given I have no restore point saved, I have tried formatting my entire hard driver where the P3D is installed, deleting all P3D folders in all the places (AppData/Local, Appdata/Roaming, ProgramData…etc), and performed a clean reinstall for all software.

For the first two hangs when it started happen I had these apps running:

P3D v3.1

Latest version PMDG 777

FS2Crew v1.7

Latest version ASN

FSUIPC  v4.949f

GSX v1.9

After the formatting and a clean reinstall, the first two hangs I had the same apps running as above, and in the last two hangs I had these:

P3D v3.1

FS2Crew v1.7

Latest version ASN

FSUIPC  v4.949f

To be honest I don’t think it was those apps that caused the hangs. I am suspecting it is more like conflicts between P3D/PMDG/Windows Update - because this is as far as I can recall if anything has changed between the hang/no hang situation.

I will update my system spec later, but I am running P3D on Win7 SP1.

Has anyone experienced the same recently? Really want to practice my landings  :sad:

Here's a shot in the dark! 

About 6 months ago, my machine also started to hang for no apparent reason.  Ran a ton of diagnostics,  Followed a bunch of advice (lots of bum scoop out there) and ran numerous processes, all to no avail.  After going nuts for a week or so, I noticed that the hangs seemed to occur in conjunction with mouse movement.  Got a new mouse and the problems have gone away.  Mice do fail, so you might try another one to see if the mouse is the problem.  I bought a Logitech wireless mouse and my system has been rock solid ever since.

Good luck, 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

do you have an affinity mask set in the cfg file? I had to change mine to 14 (even though I have a larger processor) before the freezing stopped

-David Lee

I do have the affinity mask set to 144 (or 244? I forgot...got the value using the windows calculator thingy). Will give this a shot.

Here's a shot in the dark! 

About 6 months ago, my machine also started to hang for no apparent reason.  Ran a ton of diagnostics,  Followed a bunch of advice (lots of bum scoop out there) and ran numerous processes, all to no avail.  After going nuts for a week or so, I noticed that the hangs seemed to occur in conjunction with mouse movement.  Got a new mouse and the problems have gone away.  Mice do fail, so you might try another one to see if the mouse is the problem.  I bought a Logitech wireless mouse and my system has been rock solid ever since.

Good luck, 

This indeed is interesting and surprising...I will give it a try. Hoorah   :Big Grin:

Just an update on this issue -

The hang seems to go away after I uninstall the windows update KB26780838.

Will keep observing but for now I can finish a 3+hrs flight without any hang/crash/CTD.

The hang seems to go away after I uninstall the windows update KB26780838.

Can you verify the KB number? I don't find anything about it, and I think there is an extra digit in it.

Can you verify the KB number? I don't find anything about it, and I think there is an extra digit in it.

Sorry guys, was too excited to be finally able to land my bird.

The KB number should be KB2670838, and i read it from here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/573125/game-crashing-stackhash-bex-error/

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Good luck.

• Upvote 1