Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

JARDesign Airbus A340. That's Right!

There are always the kind of people that dedicate their life to the 100% accurate simulation of one single aircraft type. I admire these people because they can continue to motivate themselves for years on the same project every day.  PSX, arguably the best available 747 simulator, is the labour of love from one man and he is still as dedicated as he was the first day.

One can hope that everybody has the same ethos, but in reality  once you are at the 80-90% mark alot of people just stop and move on because the last 10% take another 90% of the time.

• Upvote 1

There are always the kind of people that dedicate their life to the 100% accurate simulation of one single aircraft type. I admire these people because they can continue to motivate themselves for years on the same project every day.  PSX, arguably the best available 747 simulator, is the labour of love from one man and he is still as dedicated as he was the first day.

One can hope that everybody has the same ethos, but in reality  once you are at the 80-90% mark alot of people just stop and move on because the last 10% take another 90% of the time.

That's also very true. Pareto principle shining right there.

Thanks for the PSX reference too. It looks like a stand-alone "tool" aimed at the professional training market rather than the "casual" flight simmers. I see its potential customer as the real pilot training for his checkride.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Level-D with Daryl Shuttleworth is, I believe, a largely one man developer and the Level-D 767 is definitely what I consider a "top-notch" simulation

Then may I ask why don't you consider FF767 as one of those "top-notch" simulations if the Level-D one is?

Asking just out of curiosity. 

Then may I ask why don't you consider FF767 as one of those "top-notch" simulations if the Level-D one is?

Asking just out of curiosity. 

Because I didn't fly the FF767. I'd love to, really. I'm just saving my money for the IXEG at the moment :)

I own the FF757 and there's some things I don't like about it, although I still like it a lot and have been flying it extensively lately (see my videos). I believe the LDS767 is the better "systems" simulation though.

If the FF767 has improved upon the 757 and is now on par with the LDS, that I don't know.

• Upvote 2

Jaime Beneyto

If the FF767 has improved upon the 757 and is now on par with the LDS, that I don't know.

Haha, no worries! I really asked simply out of curiosity rather than anything else. All I know, is that FF767 is considered by majority as a big step forward over their 757, so was  wondering how it is compared to the Level-D. 

On a insignificant personal note, I find their 767 to be quite amazing. 

Haha, no worries! I really asked simply out of curiosity rather than anything else. All I know, is that FF767 is considered by majority as a big step forward over their 757, so was  wondering how it is compared to the Level-D. 

On a insignificant personal note, I find their 767 to be quite amazing. 

That's what I've been hearing and seeing on the videos I've watched! 

It might be the best airliner on X-Plane to date, might you stand by that statement? In any case, I'd love to try it out soon! :)

Jaime Beneyto

It might be the best airliner on X-Plane to date, might you stand by that statement?

From the airlines with FMS installed? Yeah, I would say so.

I believe it is a clever move by JARDesign to claim the A340 for themselves. I don't believe anybody in the very near future would have come out with the A340, however it just makes sense to "connect the dots" from the A330 to the A340 and port over newer developments on the older product.

I own both the A320 and the A330. The A320 has come a long way and at this point is absolutely flyable if you control its flaws. I haven't had any issues lately.

The A330 is a different story. Flyable, but not as enjoyable as the A320. However, the way they have been supporting the A320 leaves me optimistic.

Just my personal opinion.

Only just seen this news, really? Urgh.

I gave up on the 320 and 330 of his, there are so many quirks, both of them just became unflyable for me. I would much prefer them to work on the A320 and A330, remove the quirks and actually build a comprehensive aircraft, rather than just churning out buggy & aircraft that do "random" things.

The last time I flew the a330, it cut corners of the route and when trying to cross the international date line, it wants to go the wrong way around the whole world :S. I reported these issues (&many more) to them and I just got a torrent of abuse on their forums from users that claim the aircraft is near perfect and I should "go back to P3D" (even though I have been simming on X-Plane for 3+ years).. So I just gave up.

I certainly won't be buying anything more from them in the future.

• Upvote 1

Only just seen this news, really? Urgh.

I gave up on the 320 and 330 of his, there are so many quirks, both of them just became unflyable for me. I would much prefer them to work on the A320 and A330, remove the quirks and actually build a comprehensive aircraft, rather than just churning out buggy & aircraft that do "random" things.

The last time I flew the a330, it cut corners of the route and when trying to cross the international date line, it wants to go the wrong way around the whole world :S. I reported these issues (&many more) to them and I just got a torrent of abuse on their forums from users that claim the aircraft is near perfect and I should "go back to P3D" (even though I have been simming on X-Plane for 3+ years).. So I just gave up.

I certainly won't be buying anything more from them in the future.

Hi, any links to those issues reported?

Hi, any links to those issues reported?

You will find numerous tests that show significant flaws especially in the MCDU logic, which Jardesign very arrogantly claim to have realized according to the official manufacturers manual.

I find it very disappointing that they are off collecting money with x-life and the A340 before making their other - high priced - products fit for market plus providing product specific documentation, not linking to the manuals of the "real thing".

It is a bad development for a simulator platform when developers think they can make quick money by throwing a product into the market (the A330 surely has some great potential) but forgetting that professional (paid) software development comes with the obligation to provide support for your products and make them error free. You cannot just fire and forget, guys!

Like flightskyc, I am cured about Jardesign in particular that I won't by their products again. But at least they tought me a lesson to double check with any new developer with a promising product, whether they have a team that can potentially provide the above before I throw away $70...

[Edit]

I just remembered this guy's many hour long review - his conclusion fits well with what I have experienced myself and read on the different forums where those who purchased the A330 have been looking for help: http://fspro.uk/category/airbus/

Not sure whether it is the same guy that was actually fair enough to first report the findings of his review to Jardesign before publishing it - and who never got an answer...

It is a bad development for a simulator platform when developers think they can make quick money by throwing a product into the market (the A330 surely has some great potential) but forgetting that professional (paid) software development comes with the obligation to provide support for your products and make them error free. You cannot just fire and forget, guys!

Just few days ago someone contacted Eugeny with some MCDU logic error with A320neo and he worked his &@($* off to resolve the issue. He released an update 2 days later fixing it. It's version 2.3.2

Like, I get it, you don't like JAR's airbuses. That's fine and I definitely see where you are coming from. They aren't perfect and have their issues. But no reason to make stuff up in the thread about lack of support in a thread about a340...