Sign in to follow this  
J757

JARDesign Airbus A340. That's Right!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Impossible to see that:

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

• Upvote 1

I think that the link doesn't work. 

But I assume that JARdesign announced A340? I think it's pretty good! Personally I quite enjoy the A330, and if they eliminate some issues from their previous aircrafts, the 340 can be pretty awesome. 

Plus, I am happy the choice was to develop this particular one - not a fan of 350/380. 

• Upvote 2

Link worked fine for me. It does indeed appear to be an A340. Great to see the variety of aircraft in XP increasing exponentially.

Tried again right now and same error, at this point seems to me that you have to be a member in order to see that.

Oh, well, as I'm not a member of that site I'll wait to see images when them will be available through other channels.

Tried again right now and same error, at this point seems to me that you have to be a member in order to see that.

Oh, well, as I'm not a member of that site I'll wait to see images when them will be available through other channels.

I wonder does this link work better: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=880658375365828&id=100002650219729&set=gm.562706210560773&source=48&refid=18&_ft_=qid.6255370158707832241%3Amf_story_key.562706210560773%3Atl_objid.562706210560773&__tn__=E

Basically it's a small image of an a340 throttle quadrant with some comments that really don't say much so y'all are not missing anything.

Thank you Jesse but even that link doesn't work, as Paul already said.

Sooner or later they will post something on their website or some forums.

I think it'll be nice with an A340. However I do hope they continue updating the A330. It's becoming pretty solid but further stuff needs to be done imho. 

Aaargh.... what a shame, he is going down the Flightfactor road of churning out one pay-ware after another instead of dealing with his A320/A330 systems which are in dire need of improvement and refinement. This kind of philosophy just gives X-Plane a bad name as a systems-light platform, whose last best hope is IXEG.

• Upvote 3

Aaargh.... what a shame, he is going down the Flightfactor road of churning out one pay-ware after another instead of dealing with his A320/A330 systems which are in dire need of improvement and refinement. This kind of philosophy just gives X-Plane a bad name as a systems-light platform, whose last best hope is IXEG.

I totally agree with you

Totally agree. This is a troubling trend IMHO. 

Totally agree. This is a troubling trend IMHO. 

If people did not buy buy half finished addons then the devs would have to change. I think once IXEG release their 737 that will raise the bar. I am not buying any planes until that get's released.

If it wasn't for devs selling half baked aircraft then we wouldn't have much of a market for excellent developers like SimCoders!

• Upvote 1

Why not develop aircrafts that are fully baked?

Because it's not always feasible. Costs of development, time needed or simply lack of skills needed. Vote with your wallet, and buy what you want to buy. No point in demanding from developers to act or work the way you want to.

On the other hand, FlightFactor was getting progressively better with each aircraft they released. Clearly learning on the way. Their 767 is clearly the money. 

I guess similar thing can happen with Jar's 340. 

With the A320 being still full of flaws, and the A330 having so many problems, my hopes for the A340 aren't too high!

Because it's not always feasible. Costs of development, time needed or simply lack of skills needed. Vote with your wallet, and buy what you want to buy. No point in demanding from developers to act or work the way you want to.

On the other hand, FlightFactor was getting progressively better with each aircraft they released. Clearly learning on the way. Their 767 is clearly the money.

I guess similar thing can happen with Jar's 340.

I don't "demanding" developers. Just mean that why jump to a new project when previous projects aren't finished? That's not the way to have satisfied customers.

That's the reason we're putting so much time in development before to hit the market with our MD-82/83.

Sorry for the -plausible- OT.

• Upvote 1

Well said deetee. Totally agree.

What's even worse IMHO is that, usually customers will pay 60USD for one of those "half-baked" projects - that's almost the "common" price for top-notch  FS-based counterparts (PMDG ngx base package 69.99USD). It's hard to understand that some X-Plane developers say something like" X-Plane market is different from FS market since X-Plane market has smaller size of audience".

IMHO both X-Plane market and FS market belong to flight simulation market, and the prices of projects from both platforms should be in the same level according to the quality. 

• Upvote 2

Well said deetee. Totally agree.

What's even worse IMHO is that, usually customers will pay 60USD for one of those "half-baked" projects - that's almost the "common" price for top-notch FS-based counterparts (PMDG ngx base package 69.99USD). It's hard to understand that some X-Plane developers say something like" X-Plane market is different from FS market since X-Plane market has smaller size of audience".

IMHO both X-Plane market and FS market belong to flight simulation market, and the prices of projects from both platforms should be in the same level according to the quality.

Exactly

I also agree.  Jar A320, FlightFactor 777 and 757 are sitting gathering eDust in my system.  Too many little annoyances add up be a Whisky Tango Foxtrot, as in I don't have time for this, and oh my allotted sim time has just been flushed down the drain.