Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Displaced Runway(s) and mismatched ILS data

Hi,

I have one more question/problem:

In the FSX "Facility Information" for ORD there are 19 runways listed (some of them with a length of 10feet). For flights I am using Aivlasoft's EFB to generate charts, routes and airport maps. How can I get the number of runways to agree in FSX and the EFB? The Chicago airport is FSDT's payware.Attached are screenshots of the EFB & FSX airport data.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/uD28xX

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi,

Since I am flying with Aivlasoft EFB I need to create a runway correction in a runway text file, but I am unsure of which scenery data (FSDT) runway identifier to assign to the navigation (Navigraph) data runway identifier. There are a total of 7 runways in the FSDT O'hare airport data. So, if 28 is now 28R, could you share the remaining changes? Also, is there a way to get the assigned ILS frequencies and identifiers from the navigraph data?

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi,

I am getting completely confused/frustrated with ORD! If I am looking in my airport map (Aivlasoft EFB), which I assume originates from FSDT O'Hare, I see 3 (three) E/W runways 27R/09L; 27L/09R and 28/10.

The navigation data I have shows the following runways which can't be assigned: 10L/28R, 10C/28C, 10R/28L and 15/33. I don't know if the NW/SE runways 32R/14L & 32L/14R are ok in the navigation data?

According to the EFB data provider the following runways are available: 04l/22R, 04R/22L, 10/28, 09R/27L, 09L/27R, 14L/32R & 14R/32L.

Can anyone decipher this runway mess.

Thanks a bunch for help

I forgot to add the supporting screenshots

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/Lw4SUp

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Michael,

Since I spend money on FSDT O'Hare Airport, I will most certainly figure it out one way or another. The problem is certainly not interpreting the runway layout of present O'Hare airport (your link), but to create a runway exception text file entry that is correct between scenery (FSDT) and EFB; that's where it gets confusing.

So, I will most certainly ignore your "well meant" suggestion and try another avenue.

Brgds

Juergen Mader

So, I will most certainly ignore your "well meant" suggestion and try another avenue.

Try FSDT Forum at the link in post #17. If you were going to get an answer here I think you would have gotten it by now. Umberto at FSDT who would reply to your post is a pretty sharp guy.

Just copy/paste the pertinent information from here into your post at FSDT. No need to retype your information again.

try another avenue

I saw your posts at Aivlasoft's Support Forum. You can't land on 33. That's why there are no approach procedures. An approach and landing on 33 would go right over the top of 28R and 23C.

It's kind of like 18/36 at EDDF. The only thing you can do on that strip of concrete is takeoff to the south.

Michael,

That was actually the last curve ball with the O'Hare runways. What was strange, that Navigraph's data showed NO frequency for an ILS approach, but the EFB had the old 32L frequencey listed. I finally got it straightened out by a moderator on the Navigraph forum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Hare_In ... al_Airport and http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollectio ... tening.pdf

At this point I just set 32L to nil and 14R to 15 in the runway.txt file. I guess we just have to wait for FSDT to update the O'Hare scenery.

Thanks again

Brgds

Juergen Mader