Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Can't land the 50 North 737

Guest JimC1702

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I am having a terrible time landing this plane. I've only made 2 successful landings in the time I've owned it. I try to gently float it onto the runway but it still sinks into the ground as shown:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128548.jpgI've never had this problem with airliners from POSKY, Dreamwings, etc. Judging from the screenshots in the Screenshot Forum, others are landing this plane with no problem. I'm wondering if it's a fuel/weight issue as I've only been taking short flights, such as Albany, NY to NYC or Montreal, etc.Sometimes it triggers a crash and sometimes not. In the shot above, even half buried in the ground I didn't get a crash detection.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!Jim

Hey Jim, Sorry to here you're having problems, as it's a very nice plane otherwise. Try re-downloading the package and installing again as something might be missing. I guess you've tried different airports so it can't be a scenery problem. Try putting in 30% fuel in each tank (center tank empty) and do one circuit, as you may be landing over-weight. That's all i can think of, hope it helps :)Cheers

I'd try dropping the fuel down to 10% and then land it with FLAPS30 at 130KIAS. Should work OK then.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JimC1702

Thanks guys, you were right! Now I feel like a dunce; all these years of flight simming and I had never clicked on the Fuel/Payload button before. And to make matters worse, I had "unlimited fuel" checked so I never got any burn off.You can tell I don't fly airliners much. Good thing for the passengers! :)Just made a very successful landing at JFK. Guess my flight planning will have to involve more than just picking departure and arrival points and altitude.Thanks again,Jim

Bit off topic here guys but how does this work? I see it has no panel or VC. I know you can use any panel you like but how would one use a VC with this plane? I thought the VC was part of the model?XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

You are correct, VC's are part of the model. The 50 North model does not have one. I don't really know what you mean by your question on how does it work.

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------I had "unlimited fuel" checked so I never got any burn off.-----------------------------------------------Not that its a factor anymore for you but if Im not mistaken (?!) even with that option checked fuel will still burn off until the tanks are at 0%....but of course the engines will keep running! Its a trick I use for my Posky A330 - it was suffering an extreme nose-up attitude when flaps were deployed...like 30 degrees or something. I found that emptying the tanks to 0% and selecting unlimited fuel fixed it! Yay.

Guest JimC1702

The developer has said that a VC is forthcoming. Meanwhile, I've tried several panels and settled on this one which offers photo-real views in all directions:he733v2.zipAnd I've just downloaded this sound set which is excellent:cfm56-3.zipBoth are here in the library.Jim