Sign in to follow this  
HemiPilot18

Scenery conversion with 1.1.22

Stonelance, I know you don't want to hear about scenery conversion issues but I found some that i thought you might find interesting. They seem to be limited to the cities that have their own folders under the \FSX\scenery\Cities folder in both FSX and FSX-SE. I can't say if these issues appeared in 1.1.15 or not. Here are some examples.

At Reno/Tahoe airport in Reno, NV (KRNO) Lat/Long N39 29.9467/W119 46.0867 - Many buildings just did not convert. The only building that did convert is the main terminal building.

At Reno/Stead airport about 10 miles NW of Reno (new identifier KRTS - old identifier 4SD) Lat/Long N39 40.0906/W119 52.5864 - Most of the buildings did convert but the control tower did not. This is the airport where the National Championship Air Races are held every September. The grandstand did convert and so did the race course pylons but they seem to look different. There are acres of tarmac that did not convert, there is just sand and weeds. The runways are populated with large bushes.

At Wittman Regional in Oshkosh, Wi (KOSH) Lat/Long N48 59.0695/W88 33.4161 - This is where the EAA Airventure convention is held at the end of July. The tents for the contributors convert but there are many shadows on the ground from parked aircraft that do not convert. (shadows yes, aircraft no)

At Edwards AFB in Edwards, CA (KEDW) Lat/Long N34 54.4853/W117 53.1317 - There are many neat static displays to see here and most of them convert very nicely with a few really weird exceptions. There is one very large hanger in FSX that has its door partially open and you can go inside the hanger and find a B1B parked inside. The nose of this B1B sticks out in front of the hanger and overlooks an empty tarmac. In the conversion, the inside of this hanger is just a black hole that you can't get into but the nose of the B1B sticks out of this black hole and overlooks the tarmac that now has two B1B's backed up against the blast wall neatly parked side by side. I really want to know how you convert nothing into two B1B's! Some of the runways here are also populated with large bushes.

I know you are busy, busy, busy but if you get a chance could you look at this?

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If those areas use photo rasters, the toolkit doesn't convert those.  Not 100% sure if that would affect buildings though.  Depends on whether they were places as autogen annotations in FSX.  Do you have examples of areas that aren't converting that aren't rasters?

Stonelance, I wouldn't know if they waved a sign in my face. All I can tell you is what I see.

LOL!

Hi,

I also experienced bushes on the runway.  I replied in another thread about this.  I recalled seeing the hangar problem here but didn't recall the bushes.  I searched to find this thread to see if the problem was solved.  I used all default FSX Gold scenery and 1.1.22.