Sign in to follow this  
looksha

Looking for a few fixes

1) how do you disengage the autopilot & auto throttle a second time to stop the flasher on the panel? For me a second click would just reengage the autopilot. ( is there a way to do this with SPAD/ FSUIPC?)

2) I want to be able to cycle views, but there is one view (and I understand it has to do with the resolution I am using on my monitors) where as soon as it cycles through it, I can't see anything on the lower part of the screen, and the mouse starts flashing uncontrollably. Is there a way to fix this without changing the screen resolution?

3) is it possible using the old SPAD (not SPADNext) and FSUIPC to assign the trim wheel on the saitek panel to control vertical speed...I don't like using the rotary knob.

Thanks again for your help!

Shaun Gilbert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) how do you disengage the autopilot & auto throttle a second time to stop the flasher on the panel? For me a second click would just reengage the autopilot. ( is there a way to do this with SPAD/ FSUIPC?)

In the FMC there is a section for key commands. Using FSUIPC, set your autopilot disengage joystick button to the key command in the FMC. Same for autopilot. Make sure those key commands aren't used for anything else in FSX.

2) I want to be able to cycle views, but there is one view (and I understand it has to do with the resolution I am using on my monitors) where as soon as it cycles through it, I can't see anything on the lower part of the screen, and the mouse starts flashing uncontrollably. Is there a way to fix this without changing the screen resolution?

3) is it possible using the old SPAD (not SPADNext) and FSUIPC to assign the trim wheel on the saitek panel to control vertical speed...I don't like using the rotary knob.

Thanks again for your help!

Shaun Gilbert

press the buttons on the panel that are flashing and it goes away.

I recommend EZDok for views you can assign keys and desired viewpoints -

I don't know what spad is. David Lee

I use FSUIPC for almost all of my commands, except the FSX for panning and primary flight controls. I looked in the FMC at the "key commands", so I understand that I could assign keyboard commands, but I still can't get FSUIPC to recognize the saitek trim wheel for reassignment... Does only one have experience with this that would be able to help me through it? I will look into EZdoc further....so many add ons to get this thing to behave nicely.

I use FSUIPC for almost all of my commands, except the FSX for panning and primary flight controls. I looked in the FMC at the "key commands", so I understand that I could assign keyboard commands, but I still can't get FSUIPC to recognize the saitek trim wheel for reassignment... Does only one have experience with this that would be able to help me through it? I will look into EZdoc further....so many add ons to get this thing to behave nicely.

I could never get the trim wheel to work with the ngx. - David Lee

A Trim wheel won't work properly with the NGX or any other large Boeing for that matter.  Trim isn't handled by a "wheel" like a Cessna is. Trim is adjusted by use of the Dual Trim "Pickle switches" on the yoke to make momentary or longer inputs for trim in one direction of the other.  The easiest thing to do if your using hardware is to map these switches to the yoke just like the real aircraft wheel does.  One for Nose Up trim and one for Nose Down trim

While there is a "Trim Wheel" in the NGX on the sides of the pedestal, its primary function is to manually adjust the stabilizer in the event of Hydraulic system loss (not modeled in FSX).  The hand crank that pops out the side is used for manual trim and requires many, many rotations to properly trim the aircraft.  You'll also notice it spinning as  you trim it with the Hydraulics as well since its a direct chain feedback from the stabilizer. As a side note, if you left the manual crank handle extended and then hydraulically trimmed the stabilizer,  it's a great way to break a knee cap as well.