Sign in to follow this  
RioPilot

Crashing into invisible walls during takeoff/approach

Crash detection never worked right in FSX and it doesn't in P3D either. You can hit invisible objects, have an AI aircraft come close to you and get a crash, etc. etc. I turned it off decades ago, and nobody likes realism more than I do, but CD is not realistic at all.

I'm the same with realism but there is absolutely nothing realistic in crash detection.  It is flat, flat wrong and it will terminate your flight if you do a mild overspeed which is utter BS.  If you want to know how you did, it is far better to just go look at your landing or look at the analysis to see if you have a smooth approach, flare and landing.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Are we having the same discussion about P3D here because last I checked, overspeeds in P3D don't cause you to crash your plane.  I accidentally did one notlong ago in P3D with an Airbus, but she still stayed in the air.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Are we having the same discussion about P3D here because last I checked, overspeeds in P3D don't cause you to crash your plane. I accidentally did one notlong ago in P3D with an Airbus, but she still stayed in the air.

I didn't know they changed it.  Good news.  Still...crash detection...blah.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Each Simobject has a crash box. Rarely, with 3rd party apps, this invisible box is drawn inaccurately such that the CB's geometry does not mimic the boundaries of the Simobject. When the user aircraft encounters the CB, with crash detection on, a crash occurs.

The simplest CB is a cube, but this may lead to the counterintuitive results that people report.

Nasty cubes!

Either I'll keep my mesh res above 10m, or definitely stop landing my PMDGs on nice-looking seaside airports, otherwise my FSPassengers company will bankrupt.

:lol:

I will continue to keep an eye on it : more likely It's only something screwed-up in my P3D installation. Sooner or later, I'll be forced to a clean install anyway.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Is there any other better way to overcome this yet as its not great having to turn off crash detection?

Does a product like GSX help?

For what its worth, my problem is the airport vehicles driving around crash into me mainly during pushback.. Usually after I've spend 40 mins setting up the flight... urgh...

Crash detection serves absolutely no function other than to cause your flight sim to crash, when you least want that to happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310