Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Blackbox A320 Xtreme?

Has anyone else purchased the Airbus Xtreme Prologue A320/321 v0.852, and are you able to get the bird airborne?

I have followed the tutorials to the letter; programmed the FCU, started APU and engines OK, setup the TO Config OK, but a number of things just don't work:

1. Spoiler lever is wrong way round.

2. Brakes don't work as they stick on when applied.

3. Aircraft does not turn well when taxiing. Rudders don't appear to operate.

4. On takeoff Aircraft will not climb, either in Selected or Managed Mode

Basically, either I am really doing something wrong, but I don't think so, or this version from Blackbox is a pile of cack!

Also, they don't answer support posts on the technical forum, and the last update to the A320 was Dec.2015- this version. Earlier videos on YouTube with earlier versions appear to work fine.

I would just like to hear from someone else using this product, and their own experiences, or Blackbox themselves, asI am wondering whether I have wasted my money. Shame one can't get refunds on such software.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi, Stuart. I bought the Blackbox A320 but stopped flying it long ago once I bought the excellent Aerosoft Airbus. It's been quite a while since I last flew the Blackbox A320 (maybe more than a year or so), but I may be able to answer at least a few questions.

#1: Yes, it is. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a fix yet.

#2: Don't recall having that problem.

#3: If I recall correctly, you have to press the button in the middle of the rudder tiller to the left of the pilot. That will enable nosewheel steering.

#4. Sorry, can't recall. 

Good luck. I highly recommend that Aerosoft Airbus as an alternative.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thanks Joel,

Out of interest, do you recall what version of the BB A320 you were using at the time, as it seems some bugs may have been introduced in later version, as videos of earlier ones seemed OK.

It would be nice to get advice of bugs from Blackbox direct but their support is dreadful.

Not sure I can justify spending out another £25+ on another Airbus. So may have to persevere with this one until they provide an update.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

I had the same experience as Joel. I bought the BB A320 in 2012, when it was version 0.55. Back then it wasn't perfect, but it showed a lot of potential and was usable. After they introduced version 0.6 or so, thinks got worse. They indeed introduced new bugs and I could never fly the plane without serious issues. The last version I tried was 0.8, about two years ago. It was still not flyable, so I mothballed it and since have a lot of fun with the Aerosoft A320, which is excellent. I waited for two years with the BB A320 before switching to another developer. I wish I wouldn't have been so persevering.

Peter

P.S.: I just saw that they are now at version 0.85 (released in September 2015). Version 0.8 was released in April 2014. At this pace, version 1.00 will be released in April 2020. 

Thanks Peter,

Guess I may have to bite the bullet and get the Aerosoft offering. However, I may wait a bit as I think the FSLabs product is imminent.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

To answer your question, Stuart, like Peter, I bought the BB A320 at version 0.55 and upgraded it to 0.60. I don't even remember whether I upgraded to 0.80; by that time, I'm pretty sure that I had bought the Aerosoft A320 and had lost interest in the BB aircraft.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)