Sign in to follow this  
N1G

F1 GTN750 Install - A2A Cherokee

Hi,

I bought the A2A Cherokee and thinking about the F1 GTN750, but had a couple of questions.

1. Does it integrate into the VC Panel? The reason I ask is that some with FSX were complaining.

2. A2A uses a configuration tool, but I cannot find it anywhere.

3. Any input you may have to help me insure that the install goes smoothly.

4. Has it affected your sim smoothness or fps?

Thanks

Bob

1) Yes.

2) ...\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Tools\Cherokee180 Aircraft Configurator.exe

3) Right click and select Run as Administrator just to be safe.

4) Not that I can detect.

1) Yes.

2) ...\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Tools\Cherokee180 Aircraft Configurator.exe

3) Right click and select Run as Administrator just to be safe.

4) Not that I can detect.

Thanks Wing, appreciate your time

Bob

What Wing said.  

For Windows 7,  I find mine here.  

25534561904_d88bb2bc2d_o.png

OK, something is wrong.

The only thing I can find is the Cherokee Input Configurator.

I did a search on "Aircraft Config" but nothing.

Poppet, I noticed your is under an "Accu-Sim" folder. I do not have that.

Bob

Did you try hitting the Windows key and typing Cherokee? I'm using Windows 10 and when I do that the first thing that comes up is the Cherokee180 Aircraft Configurator.exe.

Did you try hitting the Windows key and typing Cherokee? I'm using Windows 10 and when I do that the first thing that comes up is the Cherokee180 Aircraft Configurator.exe.

It was an update that solved it. The update was posted on the 29th. There was no configurator in the tools folder, but after the update, magic.

But logically this does not make sense. This would mean that everyone who bought this previously would have had the same issue with p3dv3,

at least the .2 version. I guess it fixed a number of issues also. But, I installed the trainer and the gtn750 and when I loaded up the plane, the trainer

was glaring in my face, but the gtn750 was not working. The frame was there but nothing. So not sure if the trainer is out of date or

something else. I wonder if it uses simconnect. Maybe I need to update that. I just get so frustrated with the lack of just a little bit

better error reporting when something gets installed. I will try and work a little bit tonight with it.

Bob

It's up and running yippee! I just did not wait long enough. I guess the tubes had to heat up!

Bob

I looked at the trainer affinity and it is set by default to the last core (3) for me on my 4 core. Just curious why the dev's chose that?

Most I understand, are using 3 of the 4 cores, core's 1,2,3 and core 0 is not used. Anyone have any input on the affinity settings?

Thanks

Bob

The place where you saw gtn affinity setting...click on it and change it to 1. I had to set mine there and now it fires up correctly. I use AM 116 in P3D and AM of 1 for the GTN is perfect. Any other core setting and it either takes forever to load or click spots never work right

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks Jim, I will give it a try.

Bob

All is working, but that stec-30 will take some time. You have to approach the LOC just right, if not it is like a boat in a swell.

Weaving back and forth. Frustrating to say the least. Back to VFR for awhile (-:

Bob

stec-30 is between old tech and real old tech...lol. You have to have it where you want it before you turn it on and its better in the horizontal than it is in the vertical. But it works good enough to grab a cup of something or other.... if you don't have to move  your attention very far.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

The place where you saw gtn affinity setting...click on it and change it to 1. I had to set mine there and now it fires up correctly. I use AM 116 in P3D and AM of 1 for the GTN is perfect. Any other core setting and it either takes forever to load or click spots never work right

Mine has been throwing errors, and I believe conflicting with RemoteFlight server, since the 3.2 upgrade. Adds a bunch of time to the P3D load time, too. Maybe this is the problem. Will give core 1 a try in the morning.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

stec-30 is between old tech and real old tech...lol. You have to have it where you want it before you turn it on and its better in the horizontal than it is in the vertical. But it works good enough to grab a cup of something or other.... if you don't have to move  your attention very far.

Dad would fly a cherokee and a comanche out of KVNY to go get plane parts in Torrance but I do not remember what AP was installed. He never

used it. His nav was rivers roads and landmarks. He would s##t if he was able to see the 750 and it's capabilities. I can hear him saying though

"You don't need that crap, just go fly". I am going to try it in the Realair Lancair, and I bet it will be a completely different experience.

Bob