Sign in to follow this  
ypaul123

Frustrated Terrain Issue

Once again thanks for the inputs. The screenshot was taken in slew mode + zoom. Tried with pause and reloading/ refreshing the scenery and the problem persists.

I think I understand your line of thought but... After several tests, a clean AF mask, on my i7-4770K, equals to the value of AM=255, AFAIK.

And I have found that setting AF mask within PLasso (in my case best results with AM=116) I get the exact same results, in terms of processor cores and threads use, as adding an AF mask to the Prepar3D.cfg. The difference is that, for whatever reason, setting the AF mask through PLasso gives me more smoothness and slightly higher FPS's than using the config file. Go figure?

Cause it's fundamentally changing the internal threading processes of P3D which is probably why you see problems with your textures. Or it could be adding to that.

Jim is right. You should start with removing all sources of conflict input into the equation by yourself first before taking further action.

Thanks for the suggestions/help. Will try with a clean/rebuild cfg with no tweaks and without PLasso as soon as I have the time.

Regards,

AK

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

With rebuild Prepar3D.cfg and no Process Lasso. Always the same.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxea3BxakFRWF9uQkk

Please check my cfg files in order to see anything unusual. I have looked at the files and don't seem to figure it out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxebWZuQ19JdUFNU3M

Thanks,

Luís

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Luis, i have been following your thread and i will share my setup, i get a steady 35-40 fps which is very smooth with Process Lasso.

I have 4770K oc to 4.3, i have a GTX 980 ti watercooled, 16 gig of ram and w7,

No tweaks in P3d cfg besides AM=252 which i duplicate in process lasso by un ticking cores 0 and 1 which will show a 2-7 value in the main Process lasso window when running P3d, this leaves me cores 0 and 1 to assign ASN and UT2 and what ever other app`s i need for each flight. i have no anomalies with textures or tearing or V-sync either, i do not use NI and my resolution is set to 4k DSR, 16x and 8x in P3d, i also have a G-sync 27 inch monitor.

tpewpb-6.png

Strange...

Do you have set the hook in the box for tesselation enabled to renfering by the gpu.

This hook should be set.

I cant see anything thats wtong in yout Prepared.cfg

Luis, i have been following your thread and i will share my setup, i get a steady 35-40 fps which is very smooth with Process Lasso.

I have 4770K oc to 4.3, i have a GTX 980 ti watercooled, 16 gig of ram and w7,

No tweaks in P3d cfg besides AM=252 which i duplicate in process lasso by un ticking cores 0 and 1 which will show a 2-7 value in the main Process lasso window when running P3d, this leaves me cores 0 and 1 to assign ASN and UT2 and what ever other app`s i need for each flight. i have no anomalies with textures or tearing or V-sync either, i do not use NI and my resolution is set to 4k DSR, 16x and 8x in P3d, i also have a G-sync 27 inch monitor.

Thanks for the inputs Rick, I have good performance with sim (except for those graphic anomalies). To me, the best AF mask solution is AM=116.

Tried every reasonable combination over NYC with the following addons drzewiecki-design's New York City x v2 and NYC Aiports X (only KJFK disabled) + FSDreamTeam KJFK v2 + MT6 with ASN set to a major thunderstorm... Heaviest scenario I can throw at my SIM at the moment. With my sim settings my FPS fluctuate around (17-35) Taking off from LaGuardia with the Aerosoft bus and flying over Manhattan.

BTW my 4770k is at 4.4Ghz, it was the best I could squeeze him with stability and I am running on SLI mode with 2 reference GTX 780 cards, also have 16Gb of RAM and two Samsung SSd's 850 Pro (256Mb) at RAID 0.

Strange...

Do you have set the hook in the box for tesselation enabled to renfering by the gpu.

This hook should be set.

I cant see anything thats wtong in yout Prepared.cfg

Sorry, I think I did not understood your last reply. If I have tessellation enable? If that's the case, I do. The last Prepar3d.cfg file was a rebuilt/default one so tessellation is on by default. At the moment I am out of solutions and must state that the SIM is running very well except for those anomalies.

Thing is that I kinda hijacked ypaul123's topic but he also has the same terrain problems/corruption as I do... It was that that caught my attention in the first place. Maybe he found a solution because at this point I have none... :fool:

Best regards, Luís

To me, the best AF mask solution is AM=116.

I recently found that it is insufficient with many addons and high autogen settings, and was causing the blurries for me. If that is the same issue you are having then try an AM that unmasks more cores, e.g 221,238,244,248.

I recently found that it is insufficient with many addons and high autogen settings, and was causing the blurries for me. If that is the same issue you are having then try an AM that unmasks more cores, e.g 221,238,244,248.

Tried all of them... Unfortunately the problem as nothing to do with AF mask.

Best regards, Luís

Tried removing AM completely?

With rebuild Prepar3D.cfg and no Process Lasso. Always the same.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxea3BxakFRWF9uQkk

Please check my cfg files in order to see anything unusual. I have looked at the files and don't seem to figure it out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxebWZuQ19JdUFNU3M

Thanks,

Luís

Thanks for your efforts trying to help, but AM is not the culprit here!

Best regards, Luís

Thanks for your efforts trying to help, but AM is not the culprit here!

Maybe it would help if we knew exactly what the problem is.

Your first post just seems to be a LOD limitation. But do you get blur textures under your aircraft as well?

If it's blurries then you can try increasing texture max load and fiber frame time. It fixed it for me. But you have to use unlimited frames in p3D and an external lock.

Maybe it would help if we knew exactly what the problem is.

Your first post just seems to be a LOD limitation. But do you get blur textures under your aircraft as well?

If it's blurries then you can try increasing texture max load and fiber frame time. It fixed it for me. But you have to use unlimited frames in p3D and an external lock.

Recheck the screenshots below (misplaced/oversized antennas and chimneys). The blur is because of the amount of zoom and because it's above L.A. a high density area.

Sprites.jpg

dkUT0FX.jpg

Best regards, Luís