Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

LM DTG FIX GPS Direct To function

.... would it be beneficial to bring pressure on to ' DTG Steam ' and ' LM P3D ' developers to FIX the underlying fault with their GPS Direct To  function. If they fix it in the SIM then all aircraft relying on it will function properly....   Thoughts ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

.... would it be beneficial to bring pressure on to ' DTG Steam ' and ' LM P3D ' developers to FIX the underlying fault with their GPS Direct To  function. If they fix it in the SIM then all aircraft relying on it will function properly....   Thoughts ?

...the FLC problems of blowing through the set ALTitude etc may be a fault with the SIM logic also and fixable by LM and DTG....

Think Carenado jets would be pretty darn good if those 2 functions were fixed...   and other 3rd party aircraft would be better 

exactly what "underlying fault" are you referring to?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

aerostar, on 04 Apr 2016 - 4:25 PM, said:snapback.png

exactly what "underlying fault" are you referring to?

Vic 

DTO does not go DIRECT...   FLC does not stop climb at selected ALT.

Do you not believe there is a fault or that there are more than one...?

...the FLC problems of blowing through the set ALTitude etc may be a fault with the SIM logic also and fixable by LM and DTG....

Think Carenado jets would be pretty darn good if those 2 functions were fixed

Well I broke a promise to myself and in a moment of madness went and bought the Carenado CJ2, all your fault Ray  :smile:

What I have found with the FLC is:

Fly to your initial altitude ( last alt restriction of your Sid etc) and engage ALT. the plane will level off at that altitude.

From there dial in your first flight level change and engage FLC with ALT still engaged, little bit of thrust added and it will climb to the selected altitude and level off perfectly, every time.

If you only engage FLC in the first climb segment it will blow straight through every time.

Given that I always hand fly my Sids this works fine for me, I can live with it.