Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

SSTSIM Concorde is released!!!

Guest georg

I've been keeping myself a bit back the last 2 months on buying FS addons and I even won myself in the battle "To buy or not to buy the Reality XP SN3400 TAWS" meaning that I decided to leave that product alone for now.From yesterday when I saw the news about the Concorde, I've also been trying to hold back and skip it as I'm more in love with the modern aircraft, but all the positive comments here and the amount of switches in that cockpit are driving me crazy! :D It's like having an angel ("Save money!") on one side and devil ("Spend money!") on the other. I'm afraid that today the devil has to win.

Yes, SU3 is no more and the product is now SSTSIM. One of the main reasons for the change is that KOCH is no longer involved in the project. Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

Guest mikealpha

What an impressive package. I loved the first version up to SU2 already. Great dedication of the developer to his product.Mike

Guest JIMJAM

Can someone with experience with your PMDG,LDS level planes chime in on difficulty of the Concorde?I admit Im a little intimidated by what I have read and do not want to bite off more than I can chew.I never start them cold and dark but can handle the procedures,avionics,navigation ect. I enjoy the PSS version but Im afraid this might turn out to be a panel clicking sim with most my time spent chasing down warning lights and scrolling through pages of pdf files.In other words will I have the time to even look outside the window or will I need to go through 5 panels,30 switches to turn on the autopilot?

To add on to Paul's comments, not really difficult but lots of work to do during the flight. There is constantly something going on and that is the key difference between this and LDS/PMDG full glass flightdeck and FMC. Although the VFE will reduce the workload.Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

Randy I just bought the update that required my old Altitude/Koch Media Concord CD. Plus I've developed a sound set for this exact package, it's the same bird just updated... :-) Koch may not be involve directly anymore but the model is the same as before just updated...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

David there are a number of us that are having problems with the Virtual Fuel Engineer. It's safe to say at this point one needs to learn how to move fuel manually if they expect to fly this bird...

FS2020 

Guest georg

>or will I need to go through 5 panels,30 switches to turn on the autopilotAt least!! :D I've been about 1,5 hours with eyes in the tutorial and now trying to start the first engine without luck :D I spent great time figuring out an INS problem though...

I highly recommend it too. If you want a taste of what Concorde is all about, this is it. Its not difficult its just learning some of the systems that made Concorde special. The new engine sounds are great too. As for support I think these guys have been up 48 hours, keeping us boys happy with our toys. A first class product!!Best wishes Adam:-beerchug

JIMJAM I won't lie, it's a complicated bird. I say that only because you have to learn how to move fuel as you fly. As things are now I can't get the Virtual Fuel Engineer to properly move fuel which has me stalling out at 37,000ft. I'll have to read up on moving fuel which I really didn't want to do. I want to fly the plane and let the engineer move fuel until I have time to learn that feature (beta testing and developing for multiple developers is hectic).Another thing to learn is INS programming. There's a .wmv file on that so it shouldn't be a problem for you to learn an alternate form of navigation. The Altitude Concord is much more involved than the PSS version and there's diffidently a learning curve involved. Next the RFP's 747 it's one the most involved products out there requiring a certain level of pilot workload to operate. I guess that's why it's such a satisfying add-on to fly. A successful landing after flying across the Atlantic is truly a rewarding experience... ;-)

FS2020 

Guest JIMJAM

With experience flying the PSS I was able to jump right in and fly a vfr flight. The AP was nearly identical so I had no problems.Right off I notice she handles more like a fighter with a much higher roll rate compared to the other Concorde.The nightime cockpit lighting is Very Nice. Only downside is she eats fps like jetfuel while in the vr pit. Worse so than the LDS and PMDG 747.Well time to do some ground schooling so I do not scare the passengers to death.