Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

SSTSIM Concorde is released!!!

>>>>Once airbourne though, FL640's the limit! :D :-lol>>>>Best regards,>>Vulcan.>>>>Concorde SSTSIM Beta Team.>>Vulcan,>>I'm afraid I have to take you to task at that remark?>>The SR-71 flew higher and longer than Concorde. My freind who>flew in the Blackbird told me that it had a FL85000 cieling>mainly because it was using special fuel (JP-7).>>To my best knowledge, Concorde used ordinary aviation fuel and>was limited to FL600.>>Blackbird flew on the edge of space, Concorde was well under>that level.>>At FL640 there is very, very little air for the engines to>work on 'AV-Gas'. >>If you attained this height during beta testing, then this is>a 'bug'.>>Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active>'FlightSim User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/Hi Dave,Affraid I'll have to take you to task as well ;-)Vulcan was reffering to Concorde and not an absolute Alt. limit.Concorde used JetA and not Av-Gas ;-) BTW, the SR-71 used the same air breating turbo jet technology and used a variation of Jet fuel known as JP-7 which allowed higher flash points for the airframe temps at M3.0+.As I said earlier, Concorde airframe/engine is certified up to FL650(Aural warning at this altutude) but is only certified with passengers up to FL600. The limit not being the fuel but the time to descend with a pressurization problem before blood boils.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.sstsim.com

Thanks John for the informative post... What's funny is my info came directly from one of your guys on the development team... I couldn't get the Concord to do anything until it was explained to me properly by Andrew. So if I got something wrong don't shoot the messenger... I think Andrew did a good job in explaining things in simple simple layman

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest JIMJAM

Yes Thanks A alot for taking the time to give us a lesson or 2.The Blackbird can fly alot higher and faster than the Concorde but the inflight meals and bathrooms were horrible.

Hi Dillon,Not to doubt you ;-) (or shoot the messenger) but you may want to re-read and confirm the information from Andrew. The procudure I posted is the real life way to get Concorde, and our release, to M2.0 cruise and I highly doubt that Andrew told you to only use reheat from M1.7 to M1.9. He really knows the procedures down pat and those mach numbers aren't right. Reheats were only used at takeoff and the transonic accel from M0.94 through M1.7.My explanation isn't very confusing if you read the manual. In very simple terms here is the procedure;1. Reheats at takeoff to 500'RA.2. Climb at VMO(Max Climb, forget about the 250kts below 10,000' restriction)(Max dry power) until FL280.3. Xfr fuel aft to 55% in climb.4. At FL280, reheats on at M0.94, MAX CLIMB on AFCS5. Xfr fuel aft.6. Reheats off at M1.7, Prime Auto Throttles.7. Voila, Mach 2.01 at FL500Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.sstsim.com

"Once you past 1.7 mach turn on your reheats until you reach mach 1.9"John your right!!! :-eek My mistake... I ment to write this, "Once your past 0.93 mach turn on your reheats until you reach mach 1.7", sorry... I got the numbers mixed up.This is what Andrew emailed me..."Try takeoff, get the nose, visor and wheels up and keep full throttle. Pitch 8-11 degrees and accelerate to VMO (airspeed needle tucked under the Barber pole on the Airspeed Indicator). When at VMO, engage the Autopilot, which will engage with HDG HOLD and PITCH HOLD. Press MAX CLIMB and keep the throttles full.At Mach 0.93 - light all 4 reheats and the aircraft will climb and accelerate, albeit slowly at first, with the Barber Pole. It will take around 12mins to climb to FL430, at which point you should hit Mach 1.7. Turn the reheats off and engage the Autothrottle 1 switch. The aircraft will continue to climb and accelerate with the rate of climb dropping right off above Mach 1.9. It'll take another 10mins or so to hit Mach 2, at which point the AFCS will engage in MAX CRUISE and MACH HOLD.Let me know how you get on.Andrew"John as you can see Andrews email is much more in laymen

FS2020 

>"Once you past 1.7 mach turn on your reheats until you reach>mach 1.9">>John your right!!! :-eek My mistake... I ment to write>this, "Once your past 0.93 mach turn on your reheats until you>reach mach 1.7", sorry... I got the numbers mixed up.>No Problem.... I knew that Andrew had the proper numbers in his head ;-)>>John as you can see Andrews email is much more in laymen

Bob:You are not only paying for the "taste" of fine wine, you are paying for the "experience" of the wine. The difference is that experience will differ greatly if you are sipping a bottle of 1976 Jordan Cabernet out of Riedel Sommeliers Bordeaux Grand wine glasses. The Ridel Sommelier glasses enhance and amplify the spectacular color of the wine, the glass is shaped just right to allow the complete and unimpeded enjoyment the bouquet, and contains no additives that could even minutely spoil the anticipated moment of transfer from glass to tastebud.Put it in a mug and you mask the color, you mix taste of plastic with the taste of wine, and the bouquet is effectively transformed from that of the vinyards of Healdsburg, California to that of the streets of Brooklyn, NY. You have effectively transferred a $1,000 bottle of Jordan into a flask of Manishewitz which you could have picked up at the liquor store for $5.50 in the first place.THAT, is the difference between simply paying to FLY Concorde and actually EXPERIENCING Concord. Much in the same token that you could have paid $10,000 for a ticket on Concorde and slept the whole way while the person next to you paid the same amout of money and took in every sight and sound, every creak and groan and every ounce of scenery presented out of the windows. SURE, you both flew on Concorde, but only ONE of you have actually experienced Concorde.I invite everyone who've paid their money to experience Concorde as well as other complex aircraft they own...AND a bottle of Jordan, properly enjoyed in a crystal glass.Regards,Mike T.

Guest aarskringspier

You know funny thing about wine , being an Executive Chef and Graduate of The Culinary Institute of America and having attended Kevin Zraly's wine class's at Windows on The World...."If wine tastes good to you then its a good wine, it doesnt matter the price, the package or the age."People have different taste buds for everything in life...Food, wine, hobbies.....

I must say, I had NO interest in the PSS Concorde at all because I am a staunch stickler for realism and Concorde flies no more...and quite frankly I really didn't think it would be totally spot on (I don't own it so I can't say if it is or not).HOWEVER, after after looking at the website and the infinite detail it seems that this sim is up there as one of the most complex aircraft ever developed for FS. The SSTSIM is to Concorde as LDS is to the 763, PMDG is to the 744 and Feelthere is to the ERJ. I am about to pull the trigger and purchase this aircraft, but can anyone tell me what they DON'T like about this offering before I do?I usually don't ask others opinion's but this is a unique situation where I am considering a purchase of an Aircraft that doesn't come in COA or UAL livery, is not currently flying and I know I won't fly regularly; BUT the complexity, beauty and features are making this one hard to resist.Thanks,Mike T.

Randy:As an aside. Windows on the World was one of my favorite restaurants. I've been there no less than 10 times and knew the Matre'D on a first name basis. Many of those who have served me wonderfully lost their lives when the WTC fell on 09/11. I would even get a Christmas card from them every year.You just brought back some fond memories...but more than just a little sadness.Regards,Mike T.

Guest JIMJAM

I own just about all of them and can honestly say this Concorde is right up there with the best.Looks great,sounds great and plenty of documentation.Besides, You will be the big dog at the airport, be higher than the rest, only passnger jet with afterburners and the other jets will end up at your 6 o clock. Its also a kick to leave the cockpit,walk down the aisle and see on the wall that you are at mach 2, 55 grand.

Guest aarskringspier

The only and I mean ONLY thing that I dont like is the VC refresh rate. Im a huge VC flyer I hate 2D but the refresh of the VC is horribly slow which makes it rough on approach and landing for keeping your Vref right and rate of decent. other than that I cant find a single thing wrong with it. Its a wonderful aircraft and one I recommend hands down.As far as making you sad that definitley wasnt my intention; Windows awesome staff is a treasure lost that is for sure.

Mike I still feel the afterburner sound is too loud from within the VC. Seeing as the engines are way in the back of the plane and the cockpit is in the nose, you should hear a rumble but not a sound as if you were right on top of the engines. Imagine what the passengers would hear sitting in the rear of the plane, they would need ear protection or suffer ear damage. SSTsim still adobted that, "Gee Mom I'm flying the Concorde

FS2020