Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

How is the Ariane BBJ?

After searching the forums, I am seeing some mixed reports about the Ariane 737's. I know its expensive, but how is their new BBJ? Are there many bugs with it at the moment? Is it best to wait for another update?On their website they have a video download for the BBJ. It looks quite impressive.John.

Guest stevehow

AVOID!!! support is non existant,read mail from guy who's been wainting 3 months to get unlock key..have seen it,,nothing special. steve

My review for the NG they released. Can't imagine the BBJ is any different:I reluctantly bought the 700 Southwest version, only because a few people raved about it. I consider myself a PMDG fan all the way, but a few features of the Ariane peaked my interest. I actually feel bad for buying the Ariane because PMDG is so much better, in all aspects, including support.Now, here's what I'll call a review of the NG with 2Di VCe configuration, based on the SWA version.First off, let me say the activation with them sucks and doesn't work without an e-mail. Once I got this plane up and running the first issue was the panel. The 2Di gauges are very nice, however the resolution I run wouldn't work with it at all. I had to try about 5 different resolutions to get it to look decent. Now the other immediate issue was the sounds. It sounds like you're inside a vacuum cleaner just sitting at the gate. If you look at the sounds, they all have the same name as the default MS sounds, and AFAIK are just reworked default sounds. They sound like it to me. People have raved about adding their sounds to the PMDG, and this blows me away considering how bad they are. Even the AP disco sound is just some stupid ding, not the real world buzzing sound Boeings have.The FMC requires a lot of input, and someone with only a PMDG or Level-D skill level will have problems figuring it out. You must input weight and all kinds of crap. I don't recall finding any good info about the FMC in their manual, and I don't own a professional FMC guide.Once I was able to get it programmed, albeit not perfectly, I headed to the runway and took off. The first thing I noticed was the obviously horrible handling it has. You'd think they took the Cessna FDE file and used it to create their FDE for the NG. It's so sensitive and flies like a kite IMO. Also, the AP looks and acts JUST LIKE the default AP does. Bouncing and wavering engine output, just like the default jets. Crap, just crap. The ILS was just as much a default AP joke. It never followed the ILS the way any good add on does. It swung left and right until I had to intervene, and by then I was disgusted.Sure, Ariane modelled some neat systems, and they appear to work well, but the simple handling and AP control makes it not worth any time at all. Not to mention, they have you believe every system is modelled and it's not. Some simple things aren't even clickable on the overhead.I'm utterly shocked simmers with good experience have given this plane any positive recognition. IT SUCKS!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

First,..this is really not ment to be a flame war start....;-)Hmm,...Let me put it this way....I have both the B737-700 VCe and B737 BBJ VCe. And all I can say is that those two aircraft are among the few which have a permanent installation in my FS.They can not be compared with anything else. Why you might ask....because no other aircraft has been developed in the same way. Just compare the framerates with anything else. The 2Di concept makes it much smoother than the planes with both 2D and VC panels.I have never been a VC guy. But the only plane which gives that true joy to fly with VC, is the VCe versions from Ariane.Don

Staffan

Staffan:Holger Kistermann's review of Ariane's 737 series (including the business jet version) was very encouraging and positive. http://www.simflight.de/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=5908I'm interested in the biz jet version.1) How many bugs are still left?2) Is the FMC fully functional?3) How is activation handled?4) Did the install go smoothly?5) What frame rates are you getting?6) Kistermann thinks that the documentation that comes with the plane is excellent. Do you agree?I was especially surprised that Kistermann singled out the support for praise:"Sollte es dennoch zu Problemen kommen, hilft der stets freundliche Support von Ariane weiter. W

The support? Pffft. Non-existent. Short, brief and not to the point emails. Not support, IMHO, whatsoever. Quote from Staffan "Just go to the link and you be the judge regarding the complexity." Yeah, the complexity of the activation. After 3 days of nightmare setup and so called "support" I deleted the file from my computer and wrote off the $100. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CRAP TO ANYONE.It's my opinion, don't slam me for it, everyone has one.RegardsTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Ricardo you can't go wrong with the BBJ or any of Ariane's VCe birds. With the BBJ you have a hardcore business jet on the level of LDS's 767, DF's 727, and RFP's 747 (to name a few). Now to answer your questions above,1. 0%2. Yes (but I haven't tried everything on it)3. Use the email option (saves you the headache)4. Yes although when you receive the various downloads you have to figure out what each .zip contains (which .exe's etc).5. This is one of the better add-ons out there for framerates. Let's say it's better than PMDG's 737/744 (I'm still holding faith that PMDG will resolve the many issues some of us are having with the 744 so the comparison may not be fare at this point).6. Documentation is great.Ricardo you can't go wrong with Ariane

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Gents,I'm an Hardcore simmer and have all A/C you can imagine, from GA to jetliners from almost every editor and this has been started long time ago since FS2 to FS9 been looking for upgrades or new editions whenever a new FS came out. I do have my preferences and that is Airbus!! Im an Airbus fun specially the A320 PSS+iFDG

Guest JeanLuc_

Staffan,I failed to understand, in a practical "useage" way, if 2Di is a "marketing" name for something anyone can do, or a leading edge technology only Ariane features.In practical terms: what is 2Di exactly?Thanks in advance!

Dillon:thanks for the answers. One more thing: can the Ariane FMC read prebuilt flightplans, from FS Build, for example?ricardo

I don't know Ricardo, but I do know it can read FS9's default flight plans which I use regularly...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Staffan,>>I failed to understand, in a practical "useage" way, if 2Di is>a "marketing" name for something anyone can do, or a leading>edge technology only Ariane features.>>In practical terms: what is 2Di exactly?

Hi,2Di is practically a fixed 3D VC view of the panel, but with 2D gauges implemented. This means that the framerates are excellent with smooth gauges, since the plane doesn

Staffan

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, I have to agree with Staffan, I have the BBJ and enjoy it alot. The only other aircraft I fly more is the DF 727. Admittingly, it IS expensive, and very complex, however, once installed and the manual read, it functions like every other complex add on we have offered to us. On the resolution of the glare panel, if you will go into your panel config and look for that particular window, you will note the resolution numbers for that window. If they are low, increase them to the next or even two higher numbers and you will find that they will be much more clear -- at least that worked for me. One strange thing though, when I increased the VC quality in FS it didn't seem to change after this mod, when I took it to is lowest value, it got clear as a bell . . . this may NOT work for you, but it sure did for me.As for support, I have always received a reply from Ariane wtihin 24-48 hours. I find that quite normal in the FS world and in some cases, better than normal.To be honest, forget all the hoopla about Ariane, in MY case, I have always been satisfied with what I bought from them and felt true value received. Keep in mind, when I DO have a problem and require support, I have first READ THE MANUAL and rather than 'demand' anything, I simply state my problem, and ASK for assistance. I think that equates to an old saying my mother use to tell me. "you catch more files with honey than you do with Vinegar. To each his own.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

The BBJ is on the same level and quality of any great hardcore add-on you could ever find out there. And this statement simply proves my assertion that you simply have no idea what you are talking about..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONY YOKE|