Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

How is the Ariane BBJ?

Ok, I've been playing around with this addon for the better part of the afternoon, but must say that I am much less impressed compared to when I had initially downloaded the plane (that initital impression probably fuelled by the $$$$ I paid for the addon).1) Both the 2di and the vc panels are fuzzy. Even at the suggested resolution. 2) I've tried unsuccessfully to actually save my Captain's View position after adjusting, but the instructions in the handbook don't do the trick. This means that each time I go back to the Captain's View it reverts to where I was before.3) The dynamic eyepoint system is akward to use: your have to press Ctrl then S, then select an option from a dropdown menu. 4) I wasn't able to get ATC to work, even after starting everything up from cold and dark, starting avionics, etc. Works, though, if you start the aircraft with engines running. 5) Lots of info in the manual, but it's not exactly well organized. 6) There is no point sending emails to Ariane, since, as they make clear in the manual, they won't answer any questions related to the operation of the aircraft. 7) No forum, hence I don't see how you can get any kind of question answered. I have all the versions of PMDG's 737 and have no problem being in the air in no time whatsoever. I'll probably write this purchase off shortly, chalking it up to experience. ricardo

Hi,I didn't write the purchase off, I contacted my credit card company and demanded a refund, Visa refunded my purchase from Ariane.I will not purchase another product from this company. I have now placed Ariane and CaptainSim in my:"I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE COMPANIES CATAGORY"For those that are happy with these companies, more power to ya, but I will not touch another product they develope.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well it's great to see someone who actually knows something about a 737 and also knows what type of "sim" this Araine plane really offers.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

I wish I would've done what Mike did. After months of resisiting, and hearing about their past, all of which I wasn't around for, I broke down and bought the SW version thinking maybe I'd have a decent VC I could run with good frame rates. I didn't even care about the lower resolution. The problem was the crap that's hyped on the website is really just hype. A lot of thing don't work as they should and the systems are trash. I have no doubt the AP is just default and that isn't acceptable on a 100 dollar jet add on. I really can't begin to describe how bad the whole #### thing is, and I'm shocked beyond belief that anyone who knows the hobby would give this POS a positive review. In reality, the only positive points are the 2D panels, and they are the FMC, INS, and 2Di displays. That is all that's good about the whole thing.Let it be known, I owned the 767PIC, DreamFleet 737-400, PSS Airbus series and currently run the PMDG 737NG, PMDG 747-400, Level-D 767-300, Flight One ATR-72, and a bunch of other General Aviation add-ons from top companies. I'm no real world pilot, but I've learned these aircraft to the best of my ability, and feel 100% comfortable telling anyone who asks about the Ariane that it doesn't even qualify as awful freeware. It's tipped the scales of crap into a realm previously unknown to the flight sim world.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired