Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Win10 clean install, or stay with 7?

Now that I'm thinking to upgrade my laptop to a SSD (see current specs at the bottom), I'll also perform a clean install of Windows on it (something I never did with my 4-year old laptop, i.e., I started it using it as unboxed). However, this could be a good chance to move to Windows 10. This is what i have in my laptop:

- FS 2004, in full screen (always)

- FSUIPC registered

- PSS 757 and 777

- Wilco/Feelthere Airbus

- Feelthere E135/E145

- Feelthere E170/E190

- Leonardo Maddog

- vasFMC gauge version

- ISG gauges

- iFly 737 and 747v2 (but I'm not longer flying them)

- And lots of sceneries that shouldn't be an issue.

Is it worthwhile to move to Windows 10 or should I stay with Windows 7? I have already downloaded both ISOs...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your 2435M/HD3000 would probably run much better in W10 with an SSD than in W7...

I had a 2330M/HD3000 laptop that performed much better under W10 than in W7, with a mechanical HDD. 

I had a 2330M/HD3000 laptop that performed much better under W10 than in W7, with a mechanical HDD.

Thanks, Diego. Was it a clean install or an upgrade?Did you face any issues with any addon, or running FS9 in full screen?

Thanks, Diego. Was it a clean install or an upgrade?Did you face any issues with any addon, or running FS9 in full screen?

Upgrade, then clean install. Sorry, I don't run FS9. I was just commenting on the fact that the computer itself responds much better in the new OS.

No problems with my various FS9 installs on my Windows 10 laptop that I upgraded from Windows 7 by using the Media Creation tool from www.thewindowsclub.com. (just google mediacreation tool)