Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

IXEG 737 to Norway

Nice shots, but where are those first shots taken?

You mentioned you are using photo scenery from SimHeaven, but there are no tiles covering parts of Norway, except some tiles in north (around Lofoten, Narvik etc).

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Fantastic shots - really fantastic shots Tony!

Thank You very much for sharing!

WOW!

Nice shots, but where are those first shots taken?

You mentioned you are using photo scenery from SimHeaven, but there are no tiles covering parts of Norway, except some tiles in north (around Lofoten, Narvik etc).

I am sure Tony has more details on that, however, as a small starting point in between:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/476726-norway-pro-work-in-progress/

:wink: :smile:

ou mentioned you are using photo scenery from SimHeaven, but there are no tiles covering parts of Norway, except some tiles in north (around Lofoten, Narvik etc).

I'm not using anything here from Simheaven, I made all the photoimagery with Ortho4XP and the objects and other stuff is from my Norway Pro scenery (which you can download at X-Plane org)

I'm not using anything here from Simheaven, I made all the photoimagery with Ortho4XP and the objects and other stuff is from my Norway Pro scenery (which you can download at X-Plane org)

I figured such :wink: Already have Norway Pro, but I lack the textures to put underneath though. I've been trying to create my own photo scenery with Ortho4XP, but ran into some issues along the way which I posted about in the X-Plane forum. But I don't think anyone saw that post as there is limited activity going on there :Nerd:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The ortho providers for Norway are sometimes a pain to use (The NO provider in Ortho4XP). Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, it took me about 2 weeks to get the entire country at ZL16. The quality is fantastic and it was worth the effort. I also grabbed all of Sweden which was easier. I now have an external hard drive of photoscenery and pro sceneries (Some unreleased) of all of Europe and Scandinavia. All I could ever want for virtual flights :-)

Next up is to get a bigger drive and make a start on New Zealand and California ;-)

The ortho providers for Norway are sometimes a pain to use (The NO provider in Ortho4XP). Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, it took me about 2 weeks to get the entire country at ZL16(...)

I'm guessing these are not shareable? Its gonna be a pain making these myself with my limited time inbetween family and kids, but I see that I kinda have to:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Well firstly I have no way of hosting over 200GB of scenery, it would take me a month to upload and finally there is the legality of it all. You'd be faster making them yourself (and just do the areas you care about)

Word of advice though, stick with ZL16. Some people go mad and try ZL18, and there is really no point. There is only a small difference between ZL16 and ZL17 in my eyes and you save a large amount of disk space, memory and speed and it looks fine above 1000ft

No problem, didnt expect you to at all:-) I did a few for Bergen some time ago, much work for small areas, wish I had a 5690x!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Sound like a lot of job just to make on tile. And I'm already stuck at the point where I can't even open the py. program :P

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yeah, its a pain setting it up, did you download all prereqs described in the installcatalouge?

1) Python 3
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.0/python-3.5.0-amd64.exe

2) Imagemagick
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.9.2-5-Q16-x64-dll.exe

3) Visual C++ redistribuables for Visual Studio 2015
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

(WARNING : if you use Python 3.3 or 3.4 you should get the one fore Visual
Studio 2010 instead)

4) Numpy, GDAL, Pyproj and Pillow(from the website http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/)

Download the files
numpy‑1.9.3+mkl‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl
GDAL‑1.11.3‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl
Pillow‑3.0.0‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl
pyproj‑1.9.4‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl

Yeah, its a pain setting it up, did you download all prereqs described in the installcatalouge?

1) Python 3

https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.0/python-3.5.0-amd64.exe

2) Imagemagick

http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.9.2-5-Q16-x64-dll.exe

3) Visual C++ redistribuables for Visual Studio 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

(WARNING : if you use Python 3.3 or 3.4 you should get the one fore Visual

Studio 2010 instead)

4) Numpy, GDAL, Pyproj and Pillow(from the website http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/)

Download the files

numpy‑1.9.3+mkl‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl

GDAL‑1.11.3‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl

Pillow‑3.0.0‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl

pyproj‑1.9.4‑cp35‑none‑win_amd64.whl

Thanks for answering! Really appreciate it.

Yes, I have downloaded everything and basically followed the 'quick-and-dirty' tutorial for Ortho4XP on YouTube. But in the Ortho4Xp folder there is a file with an .py extension which I am supposed to open with Python (I have python 3.5). But it won't open. Just opens a CMD windows for a brief second then closes.

I have verified the path of Python 3.5 with the command, "python --version". Also, installing Numpy, GDAL, Pillow and pyproj went just fine.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

hehe run it like this

"python ortho4xp.py" in the command prompt it should work

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Great pictures Tony, thank you. I hope you are right, that this aircraft is a game changer. At least it brought me (btw. heavily invested in Prepar3d) to buy X-Plane.

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Well firstly I have no way of hosting over 200GB of scenery, it would take me a month to upload and finally there is the legality of it all. You'd be faster making them yourself (and just do the areas you care about)

Word of advice though, stick with ZL16. Some people go mad and try ZL18, and there is really no point. There is only a small difference between ZL16 and ZL17 in my eyes and you save a large amount of disk space, memory and speed and it looks fine above 1000ft

I got it running but was not overly impressed with my first attempt creating Bergen(+060+05) using BI as Base Source. May I ask what source you've been using? GO2 maybe?

The "NO" source, all the others aren't very good