Sign in to follow this  
Scramjet333

From the FF 777 to the IXEG 737

Hey everyone,

Just as a large proportion of the X-Plane community has, I purchased the IXEG 737 immediately upon release. Quite frankly, I am amazed at the level of fidelity that the developer team has achieved, from the sounds to the quality of texturing. I hardly need even mention the systems depth and accuracy. The plane even bounces a little when it halts to a stop, something I've never observed with any other payware aircraft.

Now, my main question is - as a person who has solely flown the B777 (and not to mention various GA aeroplanes) in X-Plane, how do I begin to make sense of the 737 cockpit? For one, the overhead panels seem to be completely different. In the 777, there appears to be a sort of up-to-down, left-to-right flow to it, but the 737's overhead panel looks more...cluttered. A lot more cluttered. The tutorials included help a little, but I still stumble quite a bit when it comes to simply powering on the aircraft.

Next, with respect to the FMC (or FMS) - I can't seem to enter VNAV after positive rate and gear up, with PERF/VNAV UNAVAILABLE on the CDU scratchpad. There are no discontinuities; I don't think it's an FMC bug either. What do I do? In the B777, I received this error only when I had a shortage of fuel (or too much of it). However, I refuelled the B737 to 4800 kg when performing a 290 NM flight from LOWI to LSGG - and found that I couldn't engage VNAV at all.

Finally - how do I open the cockpit door?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey everyone,

Just as a large proportion of the X-Plane community has, I purchased the IXEG 737 immediately upon release. Quite frankly, I am amazed at the level of fidelity that the developer team has achieved, from the sounds to the quality of texturing. I hardly need even mention the systems depth and accuracy. The plane even bounces a little when it halts to a stop, something I've never observed with any other payware aircraft.

Now, my main question is - as a person who has solely flown the B777 (and not to mention various GA aeroplanes) in X-Plane, how do I begin to make sense of the 737 cockpit? For one, the overhead panels seem to be completely different. In the 777, there appears to be a sort of up-to-down, left-to-right flow to it, but the 737's overhead panel looks more...cluttered. A lot more cluttered. The tutorials included help a little, but I still stumble quite a bit when it comes to simply powering on the aircraft.

Next, with respect to the FMC (or FMS) - I can't seem to enter VNAV after positive rate and gear up, with PERF/VNAV UNAVAILABLE on the CDU scratchpad. There are no discontinuities; I don't think it's an FMC bug either. What do I do? In the B777, I received this error only when I had a shortage of fuel (or too much of it). However, I refuelled the B737 to 4800 kg when performing a 290 NM flight from LOWI to LSGG - and found that I couldn't engage VNAV at all.

Finally - how do I open the cockpit door?

You have to remember the systems in the B733 are 20 years older than the 777

For VNAV you need to enter a Star on departure or at least enter an altitude for the last waypoint in the route so it can calculate VNAV for you.

The procedure is to turn on LNAV passing 400ft minimum on take off. Engage autopilot around 1000ft

VNAV engage after aircraft is cleaned up.

The doors are not yet functional, they will be done in upcoming updates