Sign in to follow this  
callum112233

6700K Affinity Mask

Ok so upon doing some testing, I have to say the blurries have nothing to do with HT ON or OFF. In fact it seems worse off.

Also the additional 200mhz didn't do much for fps and smoothness was a lot worse in fact. Tried both no AM (15) and AM=14. With no AM there is a stutter every 1 second not sure why. AM=14 better but still stuttery and blur textures.

The one thing that benefited without a doubt was VAS usage. Not much but about 200-300 less VAS used in a similar test scenario with HT ON.

I think I'm going to go back to and stick with HT ON 4.7ghz and AM=248. 

HOWEVER: Good Cooler is MUST!!!

Corsair H80i is good enough?

Not sure about the airflow of my case though. It's like a tin can.

large_924b470560ce1554.jpg

Corsair H80i is good enough?

Not sure about the airflow of my case though. It's like a tin can.

large_924b470560ce1554.jpg

Yeah it's good enough for moderate overclocking.

As long you have air coming in and put the rad of the h80i as an exhaust it should be fine.

Ok so upon doing some testing, I have to say the blurries have nothing to do with HT ON or OFF. In fact it seems worse off.

Also the additional 200mhz didn't do much for fps and smoothness was a lot worse in fact. Tried both no AM (15) and AM=14. With no AM there is a stutter every 1 second not sure why. AM=14 better but still stuttery and blur textures.

The one thing that benefited without a doubt was VAS usage. Not much but about 200-300 less VAS used in a similar test scenario with HT ON.

I think I'm going to go back to and stick with HT ON 4.7ghz and AM=248. 

I found the same things as you but am surprised that the blurry bug exists with AM=14 HT off. P3D really needs to support AM officially. Even ASN HIFI encourage people to use AM.  There are legitimate reasons why it can be important to get the sim jobs off the default LP's.

HT on and either AM248 or AM252 with P3D high priority could be a good interim solution for the blurry bug, at least the sim is smoother and we might be able to improve the blurry problem which to me seems like a rendering bug in the threading right now. I will keep your tweak suggestions in mind, but if this is actually a bug, tweaking won't help much.

Did you experiment with kicking the LP's while the sim is running, when the rendering jobs get stuck on 100%? Does the effect persist or is it only a temporary benefit? It is curious that there is no change in the sim performance once kicked, just less CPU usage and proper texture loading....for a while or permanently?

I couldn't get my i6700k stable at 4.7HT until vcore=1.38v on a Gigabyte gaming board and h100i cooler. I also needed to make sure that load line calibration was set to high. I don't think there is much to gain in going any higher than 4.7, 200MHz won't do much. Also nothing significant to gain in OCing the memory beyond 3200 either. There were tests done to show that diminishing returns happen quickly beyond these limits.

I found the same things as you but am surprised that the blurry bug exists with AM=14 HT off. P3D really needs to support AM officially. Even ASN HIFI encourage people to use AM.  There are legitimate reasons why it can be important to get the sim jobs off the default LP's.

HT on and either AM248 or AM252 with P3D high priority could be a good interim solution for the blurry bug, at least the sim is smoother and we might be able to improve the blurry problem which to me seems like a rendering bug in the threading right now. I will keep your tweak suggestions in mind, but if this is actually a bug, tweaking won't help much.

Did you experiment with kicking the LP's while the sim is running, when the rendering jobs get stuck on 100%? Does the effect persist or is it only a temporary benefit? It is curious that there is no change in the sim performance once kicked, just less CPU usage and proper texture loading....for a while or permanently?

I couldn't get my i6700k stable at 4.7HT until vcore=1.38v on a Gigabyte gaming board and h100i cooler. I also needed to make sure that load line calibration was set to high. I don't think there is much to gain in going any higher than 4.7, 200MHz won't do much. Also nothing significant to gain in OCing the memory beyond 3200 either. There were tests done to show that diminishing returns happen quickly beyond these limits.

I did and it seems that if I change the AM to 15 while the sim is running it seems to handle everything better. No 1 second stutters and can't really spot any blurry textures.

I realized what someone posted above isn't very accurate either. With HT off the temps went down quite abit but in order to get the system stable at 200mhz higher I had to increase voltage quite substantially which increased temps higher than what they were HT on.

Ocing ram speeds don't do much but ocing the timing does. CL15 3200 is significantly faster than CL16 3200 and it shows.

Regards,

Booth memspeed and timings show, i run my B-die 2x8 3800 cl13 1.5v T2.

Raise the ram voltage further 4000mhz cl13 T1 is doable for bench.

13-15 shows and +600mhz shows but 3800 cl19 and 3200 cl 15 performs equal.

The Hynix based Max out at 3200-3300

cl13 with tight subtimings.

If you need more than 0.05v more for 200mhz with HT off you get a bad CPU

1.22v 4.9 HT off for a good chip 1.27v 4.9 HT on most pass CB15 is quite good chip.

Lot of Skylake have a Wall at 4.8 needs +1.4v

Booth memspeed and timings show, i run my B-die 2x8 3800 cl13 1.5v T2.

Raise the ram voltage further 4000mhz cl13 T1 is doable for bench.

13-15 shows and +600mhz shows but 3800 cl19 and 3200 cl 15 performs equal.

The Hynix based Max out at 3200-3300

cl13 with tight subtimings.

If you need more than 0.05v more for 200mhz with HT off you get a bad CPU

1.22v 4.9 HT off for a good chip 1.27v 4.9 HT on most pass CB15 is quite good chip.

Lot of Skylake have a Wall at 4.8 needs +1.4v

Then I think its the wall I'm hitting. 4.7 HT ON stable at 1.34v. But HT OFF 4.9 needs 1.44v.

Dont mean to be rude, your chip is a normal Skylake not bad not good,

It can be chip that impossible to get to 5ghz even at 1.5-1,55 HT off

Dont mean to be rude, your chip is a normal Skylake not bad not good,

It can be chip that impossible to get to 5ghz even at 1.5-1,55 HT off

Nope I did hit and bench stable 5.1ghz at 1.46v but that was with LLC level 7 and temps were too hot. Not a 24/7 OC of course. I've been seeing 6700k 4.7ghz overclocks at way higher average voltages so I think my chip is one of the above average bins.

Yours is probably in the top 10% though.

I'm going to stick with 4.7ghz HT ON, the temps are not worth the extra 200mhz.

Going over 1.4v it's like playing in Russian Roulette