Sign in to follow this  
Seria17hri11er

Silver Kings F-4E (Milviz) Airshow Demo in Prepar3d

Thanks for the heads up on the flight report. It has been quite a whale (35 years) since I have flown the F-4C aircraft and the F-4E simulator. After watching several of the videos that are linked to yours (the F-4E video) a lot of the numbers and procedures have started to come back. 

I do remember they use to train the student pilots to use the rudder to roll when in a high AOA condition. I also remember that we had a ARI (aileron rudder interconnect) that did a good job of keeping things under control but you still could not fly with your feet flat on the floor either.

We had a "Hard Over" rudder failure we would give usually on short final or when the instructor wanted the crew to punch out. I seem to remember if you were quick enough to hit the paddle switch on the stick, you then could reach over and pull the ARI C/B and regain control. We had 7  C/Bs in the front seat and several hundred back seat. I spent a entire night shift trouble shooting a INS write-up along with a retired sim tech without any idea why it would not work. We knew our mainframe computer that ran the entire sim, the interface system,and the INS box in the cockpit were all good. While leaning over the side of the cockpit setting it up for our daily pref light inspection, I noticed one of those two hundred thirty C/Bs pulled out. That is why the INS would not work. Pushed it back in and signed off the 781 forms and we we good to go. The only way you could view most of those C/Bs was to stand on your head so I do not know how they pulled it in flight unless they ran the seat all they way down to the cockpit floor.

Have you ever noticed how many of the switches and levers in the cockpit are a specific shape? When you are busy flying the jet (looking outside) you do not want to have to put your head down/inside to  do something like switching fuel tanks, operating the flaps or selecting guns or missiles.  I am not sure if the modern day aircraft still have this feature or maybe it is done now with computers. 

Terry

PS: Is the F-4 payware or freeware? I have not seen it in the AVSIM library before. I am flying the T-45 freeware they have and it would be nice to fly some heavier iron.

Your welcome!  Thanks for sharing all those details.  I always love to read stuff like that.  I have not noticed the C/Bs in those locations.  Quite funny that you spent all night trouble shooting that issue only to find it was one circuit breaker.  I had ELEN friends who did the same thing a few times.  :Tounge:

Not lately, but It has been apparent to me that levers and such in fighter jet cockpits have specific shapes to them.  You certainly don't want to look down when flying those beasts.

All Milviz aircraft are Payware.  All Milviz aircraft are fantastic.  I think Dino is the only freeware dev that comes somewhat close to what payware developers can craft.  Are you aware of all these beauties?

The one's I marked out for a different post are A2A P-47, A2A P-40, A2A P-51.  A2A's Accusim is out of this world.

Ql3ei9U.jpg

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428