Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Intel i7 6950X Leaked Benchmarks

Slightly off-topic but the problem with Intel CPUs ending by a X, is usually their price :|

-Jerome

"In thrust we trust"

CPU performance isn't increasing sufficiently fast these days for me to be interested in incremental improvements for stratospheric prices.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

CPU performance isn't increasing sufficiently fast these days for me to be interested in incremental improvements for stratospheric prices.

Nope, certainly not Chris. Sensible to be a good few architectures away from the latest before upgrading.

Hopefully the link will be of interest to those that are and thinking of upgrading.

Interestingly, looks like single core performance isn't as good.

This type of CPU will benefit no one running a current gen sim (currently popular for others).

4790K @4.9GHz, 32GB DDR3, 1080Ti, W10-64bit

This type of CPU will benefit no one running a current gen sim (currently popular for others).

I rarely sim these days. I'm sure there are others on the forum that don't prioritise the sim these days.  

Having said that, when I finally get around to building my new rig, I plan to give P3D a bash.

Christopher,

I agree, there have been no major improvements since the 2600K, especially with FSX.

This is one of my favorite sites when looking at real CPU performance in games.  FSX is not listed, as it is too old, and almost everyone knows FSX loves lots of CPU performance.

Well, the link I typed looked good, however, I must have had a misspell somewhere.  Go to www.youtube.com and search for Intel Skylake Core i7 6700k vs 4970k/3770k/2600k.

By DigitalFoundry.  they have both overclocked [that is what the K version is for] and no overclock benchmarks.

Christopher,

I agree, there have been no major improvements since the 2600K, especially with FSX.

Chris was saying performance isn't increasing fast  "incrementally" In other words from one architecture to the next. Which is indeed true. We are lucky if we get 10%.

I wouldn't agree that there has been no major improvement since 2600K. Although of course it depends how you define "major".

In fact, there has actually been a 30% increase in performance from the 2600K to the 6700K. Dependant of course on the metric used to test.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-2600K/3502vs621

In terms of the sim, those that have opted for Skylake, from 2600K that I have come across, have been over the moon with the improvement. 

• Upvote 1