Sign in to follow this  
iamlmc

Simple Sun Mod Help

Glad you sorted all out and it is working. I think something screwed up in the shaders in the first place. I had the weired effect too when i switched off the HDR but couldnt reproduce it after it worked again. I also tried your Simstarter settings as well as the RSP 1.1. I use the RSP 1.1 together with Reshade and i have to say it comes real close to real.

Well I have sorted the irradiating sun but not so sure about lens flare... First, I'm unable to get lens flare to work in exterior views and secondly the lens flare I have seems quite different from yours (e.g not seeing the rainbow effect). Maybe it's using REX lens flare effect??

BTW can you share your master effects file. I have tried using Reshade some of time ago but was unable to create a credible configuration to use with Prepar3D.

Thanks,

Luís

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Might be possible that you have the lense flare from REX4. Leave it untaged as well as the sun texture inside REX4.  I suggest to copy the sun mod again to the texture folder.

Here´s my Master Effect tell me if you like it 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0e53eux6ty2l3g/MasterEffect.h?dl=0

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Might be possible that you have the lense flare from REX4. Leave it untaged as well as the sun texture inside REX4.  I suggest to copy the sun mod again to the texture folder.

Here´s my Master Effect tell me if you like it 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0e53eux6ty2l3g/MasterEffect.h?dl=0

Thank you Sir!

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

No luck!!!

I am unable to get simple sun mod to work. The sun textures are working but the lens flare is not working in all default or payware aircraft (A2A Piper Comanche, Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended and Majestic Q400 Pro) only exception is all of the Aerosoft Buses A3xx. But I am only getting the lens flare from the buses cockpits, the effect it´s not working in exterior views.

And the lens flare I'm getting is from REX not simple sun mod... Go figure???

Tried your Master Effect configuration... With my settings and monitor it is quite subtle on the color section and it did darkened Prepar3D world and cockpits a bit. Thanks for sharing for sharing it!

I am also having a weird problem with antennas and chimneys that I am unable to fix, check http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=119343, I will be AFK for the next couple of days and when I return I think I am going to format my OS and start all over again LoL

Best regards, Luís

Kindly do me a favour, go copy the sun mod texture files to the texture folder scenery\world\texture. Give it a go and kindly give me a feedback. Also check that HDR is enabled. I lost the lensflare when i switched off HDR. I needed to reinstall the sun mod and in addition to that i copied the texture files into the scenery\world\texture after that i got the lensflare back. Strange but it worked.  Btw did you copy the sun mod suneffect.cfg to the folder where the scenery.cfg located is?

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Kindly do me a favour, go copy the sun mod texture files to the texture folder scenery\world\texture. Give it a go and kindly give me a feedback. Also check that HDR is enabled. I lost the lensflare when i switched off HDR. I needed to reinstall the sun mod and in addition to that i copied the texture files into the scenery\world\texture after that i got the lensflare back. Strange but it worked.  Btw did you copy the sun mod suneffect.cfg to the folder where the scenery.cfg located is?

I finally figure it out!!! :drinks: The Majestic Q400 Pro and A2A Piper Comanche were a bit more tricky but everything is now working as it should. I even modded the simple sun mod a bit replacing one of the textures because I didn't liked the effect on Prepar3D v3.2 with HDR on.

If someone is having a hard time making this great mod work with your P3D just ask for help and I will be more than happy do support your cause. lol :hi:

Best regards, Luís