Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Removing 737NGX/777

Hi

I remember seeing a post by scandinavian13 giving exact instructions for removal of both the 737 and 777 before reinstalling. I would be grateful for a link to that thread or for the exact instructions to beadded to this thread.

Thanks in anticipation

I would be grateful for a link to that thread or for the exact instructions to beadded to this thread.

Download Installers, run the Operation Center, uninstall by using the Control Panel/Programs and Features, install, run the Operations Center to restore your liveries.

Maybe this is the link you are looking for - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/ - Post #1.

question is  why  do  the uninstall  for?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I remember seeing a post by scandinavian13 giving exact instructions for removal of both the 737 and 777 before reinstalling.

I only posted that before so that people had a clean install just in case they needed one.

99% of the time, all you need to do is uninstall/reinstall. If you find you're the 1% who is seeing some sort of issue, then you can clean uninstall by removing a bunch of extra folders in App Data.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/

Kyle Rodgers

do not forget to deregister before uninstalling!

eby

[MOD: Incorrect guidance. Do not do this.]

eby

eby

No. Please forgive the bluntness here, but:

DO NOT DO THIS.

The ONLY times you should unregister are when you are:

1. Changing major hardware
  2. Changing computers; or
  3. Reinstalling your ENTIRE operating system

If you do this as part of a habitual (useless) uninstall/reinstall process, you are going to get the server thinking you're trying something weird, and it'll lock your key.

As usual: please read the manual.

Kyle Rodgers

eby

[MOD: Incorrect guidance. Do not do this.]

Hmmmm!

eby