Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

I am very pleased, thanks, Garrett.

Guys!

In next build of PTA I'm going to delete some tweaks. Just to simplify tool a little. If anyone use that tweaks, please let me know.

Also I don't like the current method of appointment of post-effects (custom shaders) to cameras.

Wouldn't it be easier if the effects will apply to all cameras, including specific aircraft cameras? Like HDR or FXAA in sim.

deltweaksp_8028343_22895524.png

I do use the Alternate lighting for clouds groups and the Saturate Factor settings, so please keep those as they add a very nice visual effect. The Blend Visual Adjustment setting is one that I tried and saw little value for.  

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I do use the Alternate lighting for clouds groups and the Saturate Factor settings, so please keep those as they add a very nice visual effect. The Blend Visual Adjustment setting is one that I tried and saw little value for.

OK, will keep these adjustments.

OK, will keep these adjustments.

Yuri - Is there a way to add 'Ambient Light' to the custom shaders?  At this point, that's the only thing I'm still using Reshade for as I have set the others up in PTA.  Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yuri - Is there a way to add 'Ambient Light' to the custom shaders?  At this point, that's the only thing I'm still using Reshade for as I have set the others up in PTA.  Thanks!

Ambient light uses in core P3D shaders model with diffuse light, specular light and so on. I can't use it as separate post-effect. What kind of adjustment do you expect with this new custom shader?

Ambient light uses in core P3D shaders model with diffuse light, specular light and so on. I can't use it as separate post-effect. What kind of adjustment do you expect with this new custom shader?

Got it.  Not a huge deal, it seems ReShade does hit FPS a bit at times and this setting seems to be worse than others, Here are some before and after shots to show the effect.  It's almost like a sun glare effect that I find really enhances the sim. I also have a pic showing the Ambient Light settings in ReShade.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqslsavx7c3oos/AAD0dbYLG9R-7YKe2RPiVGN3a?dl=0

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Got it. Not a huge deal, it seems ReShade does hit FPS a bit at times and this setting seems to be worse than others, Here are some before and after shots to show the effect. It's almost like a sun glare effect that I find really enhances the sim. I also have a pic showing the Ambient Light settings in ReShade.

Thanks for example. Just misunderstand you. I'll look at Ambient light shader code from GemFX if it's possible to adapt to PTA.

Thanks for example. Just misunderstand you. I'll look at Ambient light shader code from GemFX if it's possible to adapt to PTA.

This would be a very good enhancement if it can be done. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Agree with the others too: GemFX's Ambient Light is the only custom shader that I'm missing from PTA.

You can thank Predrag's RSP for that! He uses Sepia, LiftGammaGain and DPX, all of which are already in PTA.

Thanks again, Knossos.

This would be a very good enhancement if it can be done.

I looked at Ambient light shader code from GemFX. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use it in PTA.

Anyone else experiencing that the shadow 'draw' distance sometimes seems very short? Not sure if it's clear or not but if you have clouds in distance, then their shadow has a clear line, where they start to be shown.

Not sure if it's PTA, PTA preset or just something in p3d.

I'm using PTA 1.4 on p3d v3.3.5

Thanks for an nice program yuri.

Anyone else experiencing that the shadow 'draw' distance sometimes seems very short? Not sure if it's clear or not but if you have clouds in distance, then their shadow has a clear line, where they start to be shown.

Not sure if it's PTA, PTA preset or just something in p3d.

I'm using PTA 1.4 on p3d v3.3.5

Thanks for an nice program yuri.

There is a setting in P3D that will increase the shadow draw, I think it is in the 'Lighting' section.  I usually keep it on at least 30,000.

• Upvote 1

Eric

There is a setting in P3D that will increase the shadow draw, I think it is in the 'Lighting' section.  I usually keep it on at least 30,000.

Yep! mine was set at 10km.. so...

Wasen't paying attention to that setting

Thanks

Hey everyone!

I am in love with this tweak! 

However, it is making my ground textures very blurry. It goes away only when I restore default shaders. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Any solutions?

Using P3D v3.3.5!

Thank you!

Hey everyone!

Delete all of these files in this folder just as you would with the shaders clear out - just the files leave folder in tact 

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

Rich Sennett

Delete all of these files in this folder just as you would with the shaders clear out - just the files leave folder in tact 

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

Will do! Gonna back up the files before I delete them to be safe. I'll report back on whether or not it works.

Thanks for the SPEEDY reply!!

UPDATE: That did the trick! Should I do that every time I start the sim, or is the fix permanent? 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.