Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

How to update REX?

Real Environment Extreme (REX) released an update about 2 months ago. I am finally going to download the 7GB lump but how do I go about actually updating it? Do I just run the installer? Do I have to delete the old one? I don't want to face any licensing issues.

Thank you

Hi Damian,

I'll be happy to assist you. Which version of REX are you referring to, REX Essential or REX4 Texture Direct?

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thank you for advising of the build. 

REX4 Texture Direct has a automatic update function built within the application. Did the program notify you of an update when running it? If not, click the CHECK FOR UPDATES button. Make sure to run REX as administrator.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I did not get the automatic notification, but I was able to manually do this. I will be sure to double check my settings to make sure I get the prompts in the future.

Also, please tell me what is going to happen if I have to install my simulator on a new hard drive. Will I have to "unlicense" the product, or can I just directly uninstall and install it to a new hard drive?

I did not get the automatic notification, but I was able to manually do this. I will be sure to double check my settings to make sure I get the prompts in the future.

Also, please tell me what is going to happen if I have to install my simulator on a new hard drive. Will I have to "unlicense" the product, or can I just directly uninstall and install it to a new hard drive?

Just leave REX installed - dont touch it then in REX settings you change the path to your sims new directory - if I do a new install of my sim this is what I do as REX does not know you uninstalled your sim nor does it care - it just needs to know where to send those textures pretty cool stuff

You didnt answer Tims question which REX product do you have 

Rich Sennett

You didnt answer Tims question which REX product do you have 

He said he had Texture Direct.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

He said he had Texture Direct.  

Missed that Bob - thanks - yup there it is dah 

Rich Sennett