Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Airport Database updated?

Hi,

i thought DTGFS was still using all old datas from FSX.

But at my home airport there are all buildings in the right place. Even buildings that were build just last year.

I`m a bit impressed for the first time in DTGFS :wink:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

At least I could see the airspace is updated at least for England - The Southend Control Zone and Area were only established last year.

That is encouraging news. One big drawback of P3D, despite the many performance improvements, is its continued incorporation of the (now) 10 year old airport database inherited from FSX.

I suppose that the ready availability of current detailed aerial and satellite imagery of the entire world from sources like Google, make it easier for a vendor like DTG to bring airport runway and building layouts into conformance with the present day.

I don't plan to purchase Flight School, but will definitely be interested in giving the full DTG sim a try later when it comes out.

How many runways are at KSEA (Seatac, Seattle)? I remember in one of the Alpha or Beta previews it was still showing the older two runways and not the current three. Maybe they updated the database.

How many runways are at KSEA (Seatac, Seattle)? I remember in one of the Alpha or Beta previews it was still showing the older two runways and not the current three. Maybe they updated the database.

Actually there are still two. I checked. I remember Dovetail mentioning Western Europe being updated and added that all of North America will get updated in the main Flight Simulator.

Actually there are still two. I checked. I remember Dovetail mentioning Western Europe being updated and added that all of North America will get updated in the main Flight Simulator.

I believe DTG are concentrating on Europe & North America first and then working through the rest of the world afterwards. I think I saw this in the 'Ask DTG' thread on Steam in the DTG Flight School forum.