Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Finding fs9.exe

Hello again to you all,

I have recently uninstalled and completely re-installed (after reformat of drive) Windows 7 and FS9 after huge problems with the Win10 update. I updated to fs9.1(no CD key).  Added some payware only aircraft and some freeware sceneries, notably VOZ 1.8 complete (fresh download) Incidently I have had problems before with this one, particularly in the YBBN area ... your computer has run out of memory.  Running dxt3 fixer has normally fixed that. The only other programme installed is My Traffic2010.

Since this re install I am getting constant crashes (MS Flight Sim has stopped working) I have been through the forum and have found numerous discussions on this subject and references to a 4gb patch which I have downloaded.  I am also advised to install the patch into the fs9.exe file but no discussion (to my knowledge) points to where I can find it in order to patch the 2gb to 4gb.

The only references to  fs9.exe in "search this drive" is the many many crashes (for example ... AppCrash_fs9.exe_ce79c4104dd446b8912...}  Please also note that there are variations to this but all on the same theme except for the first one listed which is ... Critical etc and there are a few of them.

My system is P8Z77 lga1155 motherboard, corei7 2600k not clocked, 8 gb DDR3 RAM, 3 x r9 290 VGU, 1200watt PSU, 6 monitors of varying sizes including Led Tvs,

I believe that this patch will fix this problem but until I can find the exe I am at a loss.  Can anyone help me please. If anyone requires further information please just ask.

Thanks 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I use a little program called 'Everything', that is a desktop search engine from www.voidtools.com

It's a very fast search engine.

Or, just use your operating system's seach utility to look for fs9.exe!!

I've never actually used that 4gb patch at all, in Windows 7, 8.1 or 10, & I'm using 4gb ram.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

ello Guys,

Many many apologies for this late reply ... I was called away to Surabaya for a family drama for a couple of days and have just arrived home.

Ok, I think I know where to go to from here but I wanted to just say a BIG thank you for your responses which were both helpful and very much appreciated.  I will scream if I have made a false statement with the " I think I know" and will return post haste.

Again, Thank you very much.

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.