Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

FTX vs GEX

I actually went back to GEX because of the fact that third party airport don't mesh well with FTX global. Plus I have had cental rockies and northern rockies from Orbx for a long time. The problem is why i left orbx is that they have yet to build one damn good airport in the state of Idaho. I have pleaded with them to start putting in more idaho airports but they refuse. You have to understand the central rockies scenry was one the first scenries they put out when they first where incorpated and here is it 7 to 8 years later still no Idaho airports. but if you look at alaska or the new Northern Calorfonia scenry they have 2 or three airports already and that has not been out long. so you see my point. I feel like they do what they want to do so i uninstalled everything orbx and have went back to GEX. Happy flying just my two cents.I just want you to know am not angry at orbx would just not rather not sit here till am a skeleton waiting for a boise  Airport. :smile:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. An old thread about FTX Global vs GEX

2. A new forum user posts about Orbx England almost three months after the last post.

3. The FTX Global vs GEX discussion continues...

4. Me wondering if people actually read... :lol:

I actually went back to GEX because of the fact that third party airport don't mesh well with FTX global. Plus I have had cental rockies and northern rockies from Orbx for a long time. The problem is why i left orbx is that they have yet to build one damn good airport in the state of Idaho. I have pleaded with them to start putting in more idaho airports but they refuse. You have to understand the central rockies scenry was one the first scenries they put out when they first where incorpated and here is it 7 to 8 years later still no Idaho airports. but if you look at alaska or the new Northern Calorfonia scenry they have 2 or three airports already and that has not been out long. so you see my point. I feel like they do what they want to do so i uninstalled everything orbx and have went back to GEX. Happy flying just my two cents.I just want you to know am not angry at orbx would just not rather not sit here till am a skeleton waiting for a boise  Airport. :smile:

Wow....

The problem is why i left orbx is that they have yet to build one damn good airport in the state of Idaho

Sorry, am I missing something?  Does GEX contain some AFCADS for Boise?

Have you tried any of the freeware airports on AVSIM?

Sorry, am I missing something?  Does GEX contain some AFCADS for Boise?

Have you tried any of the freeware airports on AVSIM?

GEX replaces the default textures.  It does not install AFCAD's.  MyTrafficX contains hundreds of AFCAD's that modify the default airports.

Best regards,

GEX replaces the default textures.  It does not install AFCAD's.  MyTrafficX contains hundreds of AFCAD's that modify the default airports.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim,

That's what I thought.

If Idaho is in one of the Orbx terrain regions then many of the smaller airports were already upgraded. 

Ernie