Sign in to follow this  
Potroh

Serious ground layering bug in 3.3

Reported again, obviously to no avail.

Not going to be baited. Nothing wrong with a bit of humor to make a point.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I'm inclined to lock this topic, but left it open for now.  I personally don't think this topic has any more to gain.

LM were informed

LM are going to restore FS2002 for V3.3 via a hotfix, BUT made it clear future versions will likely NOT have FS2002 support

Potroh has said what I hope he felt he needed to get out

Life is too short, go fly and be happy!

Cheers, Rob.

LM were informed

LM are going to restore FS2002 for V3.3 via a hotfix, BUT made it clear future versions will likely NOT have FS2002 support

Rob, so does that mean that the sceneries with issues will now be fixed ?.

14ppkc-6.png

Yes, That is what LM are suggesting for V3.3 - a hot fix - But no promises after v3.3 - this will hopefully provide some Buffer time for some 3rd party (if they so choose) to come out with adjustments that will work in versions that come out after v3.3. I can't discuss versions after v3.3.

Cheers, Rob

I feel sorry that progress is capped because nobody listened to what LM said a couple years back. Fortunately they're going to restore it later on... We need better performance, not FS9 compatibility.

• Upvote 6

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I guess nowadays you find no developer using the old code, apart from designing airports for FSX, where this is the ONLY method that works.

If you can name a descent scenery that was published for P3D ONLY, I lift my hat in front of you...

If you look around, nowadays each and every scenery is released for both platforms. So don't bash on the developers because they NEED to release for FSX too, so they NEED to use the old method.

BTW, the old and the new methods are indentical, for P3D it just simply means to export or compile the very same thing with the P3D-SDK.

Nobody really talked about developers using the old way NOW for new stuff, it was mentioned that the change renders many elderly, but rare or important sceneries useless in P3D.

But:

- the genuine layering method for P3D is unreliable. Working much worse than the old one used to

- there will be no airport sceneries with SEASONS

- there are NO possibilities based on conditional jumps, i.e there will be no safegate systems and the like

Frankly I'm not sure what you're talking about. FSX and P3D compatibility isn't really what we're talking about here. We're talking about addons that use a FIFTEEN year old SDK. FS2002 was released in 2001. The SDK was obsolete a few years after that.

People who use really old addons and demand that they should be continue working forever... well, you're holding us back!

It's time to let go. If you buy a new door for your house and the door doesn't fit, you don't rebuild the entire house. This is what you guys are demanding. It's time to let go.  The fact that LM had to revert this change in the upcoming hotfix is a clear sign that a lot of 3rd party developers are really spoiled and lazy. And the fact that companies like Aerosoft are trying to make even more money out if this situation is starting to smell like a scam.

• Upvote 5

People who use really old addons and demand that they should be continue working forever... well, you're holding us back!

+1

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I personally support LM's decision in the long run, though I know that I will not only lose returns of my spent money but also may need to re-spend. What probably unintentionally went missing was some disclaimer that "With this update, the legacy SDK and relevant scenery will not be supported. Developers were given enough lead time (since V2.4) to adapt therefore, do update 3.3 at your risk with this known fact."

Most of the things are now clear. LM is kind enough to release a hotfix on 3.3. And importantly simmers as well as developers now know that 3.4 onwards they might need to make a choice.

Regards

Prayog

I can't discuss versions after v3.3.

Oh the sweet hint of Progress is in the air!! :dance:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/