Sign in to follow this  
psolk

PSS 777

Still have to pay for the liveries. 777200LR $33.36777200LRF $33.36777300ER $33.36All liveries $176.83All for the grand total of $276.91 :-eekOf course if you pre-order you get it 1 whole day early and at a 25 percent discount.Count me out. Seems like Feelthere could re-think the fleet 777 and make it a PIC product with free liveries that would be quite a bargain.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Alright, I may be out of my mind. I agree with you 100% that it's just ridiculous, but I do have to ask; why the #### would you buy all the liveries for all the variants? I bought the LR with the CO livery, and it set me back $30, which as I said over in their forums, is a "cheap" night out here in San Juan (not even counting gas). So if this add-on can keep me from going out one night, the one aircraft and the livery I got are paid for, pretty much. And really, why do you need all liveries, even if you want all variants? I don't really care for that since I will wait for the paintklt and paint my own, but I do have to ask anyways.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest FattyBear

They will release the paint kit, so I would hold off on buying any liveries from PSS. I do wish however they included all variants in a $40 or so package because really there is so little difference between them. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Also I haven't seen much in the way features or any VC shots that I know are up to date. I just don't feel confident in buying it so I am holding off until reviews start coming in. I'll let somone else be the guinea pig.

Guest Jaguar XJ6

A quick scan of the FS forums reveals that a significant (if not predominant) proportion of FS users are virtual 'spotters' rather than virtual 'pilots'. One of the classics complained that the absence of certain SDs from the 767 LDS database made the 'plane unflyable (yeah, right).The idea of wanting lots of liveries (hopefully for free) is, presumably, that it opens up a lot of potential for complaints and gripes about how supposedly bad they are (cue feverish attempts at a 'merge' with freeware, irrespective of the often dubious merits of the latter).Best wishes,Michael

Guest Knikolaes

Is the LR, ER and LRF really all sold seperately? I thought it was all supposed to be a single package. :-(<> -- wow - -yup I looked at their site and each model is a seperate purchase. They do sell it in a combo package though so I guess that helps in the options available to you.Thus I guess I am still iffy about livery prices. PSS is the ONLY add-on developer that charges per livery. I am with the paint kit idea. I'll definately be making use of it.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Ummm, what you're referring to (the lack of a SID/STAR database on the 767) is actually a valid complaint, and I am one who complained about it. As of right now, someone was compassionate enough to do a pretty complete database for it, which is what I'm using now. That said, I happen to differ when it comes to making merges... If a model is crap, for lack of a better word, and a better FREE one is available, why not do a merge? I am guilty of using a couple myself. Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Hey I am not proposing someone has to buy all the liveries I guess I was more or less comparing to what some if not most developers are producing. I just cant see myself shelling out that money. That is a personal option not trying to force my opinion on anyone I was just stating the facts. I have supported PSS in the past I have all but the Concorde and the Vulcan I was looking forward to the 777 but I just cant afford it priced the way it is. Hey it is a developers right to do as they feel but I think there are better values around.EDIT spelling

Guest FattyBear

Yeah I dont know why PSS charges for liveries. It's not like their models are anything special, for the most part they are belew average. So paying $10 or whatever it is for extra liveries on a sub-par model is just illogical to me.

Guest Erick_Cantu

Oh great, another 'hardk0rz' user who feels the need to put down people who use spot view. No virtual 'pilot' would ever look at his plane of course... :-lolI love how some people think that they're some form of virtual elite. A real virtual pilot. Isn't that an oxymoron of sorts? :-lolTIP: Buy PS2 and leave the rest of the FS world alone with your rather condescending attitude. I assure you, you will not run into 'spotters' who use spot view there. ;)

Guest dolb

>>>>I love how some people think that they're some form of virtual elite. A real virtual pilot. Isn't that an oxymoron of sorts?Haha, That was awesome!------Except for the liveries (And assuming it will be a great product Although I'm not a fan of this comment, but 'PMDG Quality') It really isn't amazingly overpriced, Isn't it today's 'standard' for Payware products to come with only one varient?

Guest Binkles

I'm surprised they're allowed to get away with it. I would of thought that a real airline would crack down on them selling their liveries, I know of one airline that won't allow their liveries to be included in payware, but paying for a livery (although a lot of hard work to make these days) is something that turns me away. I purchased the Dash 8 - and after paying for a Qantas livery, I decided not again.As a side note, I can't justify the 777, I don't make the kind of flights it will do.Wish them the best - as the 777 hasn't been updated in a while.Can they do a bae-146 next please :)

Guest NormanB

Once the 777 and 757 is out we will be looking to places like this forum for suggestions.In regards to pricing, this has been beaten to death. Folk can play numbers all day but the bottom line is if you want the basic plane thats

Guest Jaguar XJ6

No need to purchase PS 1.3a, mate. Check the thread, note the context, note the words, and try to understand as best you can. If you can't understand, no worries.Michael