Sign in to follow this  
dogs53

P3Dv2 Mouse Freezes and Causes Computer Lockup

For the past several months, I have been having an issue with P3D in that occasionally when I move the mouse to the menu section to change location or vehicles, it freezes on the left side of the of screen, causing the computer to completely lock up.  

Even Pressing Control-Alt-Delete does nothing and the only option seems to be to do a hard shutdown and restart the computer.  I changed mouse devices, checked for driver updates and still no resolution.  I replaced the .cfg file, and no help.  

I am using w7, Saitek Hub and throttles, and multiple monitors.  This does not happen in FSX, and only began a few months ago, in-spite of the fact that I have been using p3D for a year or so with no problem.

Any ideas?  And thanks!

Dogs53

For the past several months, I have been having an issue with P3D in that occasionally when I move the mouse to the menu section to change location or vehicles, it freezes on the left side of the of screen, causing the computer to completely lock up.  

Even Pressing Control-Alt-Delete does nothing and the only option seems to be to do a hard shutdown and restart the computer.  I changed mouse devices, checked for driver updates and still no resolution.  I replaced the .cfg file, and no help.  

I am using w7, Saitek Hub and throttles, and multiple monitors.  This does not happen in FSX, and only began a few months ago, in-spite of the fact that I have been using p3D for a year or so with no problem.

Any ideas?  And thanks!

Dogs53

Have you changed GPU drivers?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Also, are you using a USB mouse?

Please let us know how you made out.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes on the USB mouse.  And I just downloaded and installed the new drivers.  I will try again and let you know.  However, it doesn't happen all of the time, but when it does (every few hours of flying), it is a pain... Fingers crossed.  Thanks  

Hi--I had the exact same problem and solved it by getting a new mouse.  The old one had worn down contacts that made it behave as you have described.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

The problem happened again on the next day after reinstalling the drivers. I will try as suggested above with the new mouse.  Hopefully this resolves it.

I've actually been having this problem myself since installing P3DV3.3.  It's not the mouse, it's likely something to do with USB drivers. I've still troubleshooting this,and will certainly post back when I find something.  It doesn't happen on every flight, just enough to be a real pain.

I've removed power saving for all USB Hubs/Devices - it had no affect.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If your mouse works well in other applications, then no, I don't.

Dave Hodges

I was having a similar issue where I would have a severe lock up followed by an odd beeping sound when trying to use the mouse, It turned out to be a problem between P3D & my Saitek Trim Wheel. Disconnecting the wheel whilst using P3D solved the issue.

I also at times was able to prevent it by activating the wheel prior to starting the sim.

Just a suggestion as you didn't mention which Saitek units you have.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

You beat me to it.

The Saitek trim wheel driver does not work with P3D and will lock up P3D and can even lock up all USB inputs to Windows, though it appears the latter is caused by the P3D-Trim Wheel issue.

It looks like I also stumbled upon a problem where P3D will crash if USB controllers are unplugged while P3D is running. I'll check to see if this has already been reported. This does not occur with FSX.

I'm unable to find any problem with the mouse, and I monitored all USB inputs via USB buses.

Dave Hodges

I don't think you need drivers for the trim wheel.  I just plugged mine in and it worked.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I have unplugged my Saitek Trim wheel and do not use it with P3D. The whole PC locks up

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter