Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

New LFMN Nice... Anyone?

Is the new one really so much superior to the AS Nice? It might be worth only if it is a regular destination. I am still struggling...

I compared both versions with each other (Justsim based on Simmarket screenshots) and the Justsim version looks (much) better.

The AS Nice version is very nice too, but compared to Justsim it is aged.

Justsim buildings are more detailed, use transparency and have better textures.

Also the ground textures (specifically the taxi ways and aprons) look better in Justsim version.

If it is worth the migration if you have AS Nice? That is for each individual to decide.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I'm not sure what you mean with 'ruled out', but if you mean that you can not install in P3D then that is not correct.

I'm running it in P3D V3.2 and so far did not have an issue with it, it looks fine.

If you mean that AS Nice was not build for P3D V3 then you are absolutely right.

That is also the reason why I will buy the Justsim version.

You're assumption is correct and sorry for being unclear.

I know you can manually "tweak in" lots of airports not designed for P3Dv2 and 3 but if you like me prefer to only install sceneries that were built for the version you're running the AS LFMN is not an option in the latest P3D.

Richard Åsberg

So now I bought the JustSim LFMN as well and like most I'm very happy with what I've seen so far.

How the sun/light is reflecting on the ground is very nicely done and looks very realistic to me! I also like the reflections in the buildings and the transparency of the glass.

I did find some things though that I hope will be improved.

Like someone else already pointed out some of the textures are clipping/shimmering quite bad when you look at them from certain angles.

I also hope JustSim will eventually improve the runway centerline lights. Currently they look more like taxiway lights and by checking out some real world clips on YouTube you'll quickly discover that IRL the runway centerline lights should be equally white and bright as the runway edge lights. Here's a good example what it looks like IRL and here's how it looks in JustSim's LFMN in P3Dv3.3.5. I already discussed this with JustSim and I was told that they will put it on their list for future versions so hopefully it will be addressed down the road.

One more thing I think is well worth mentioning is I received very nice and quick support from the developer via email.

Richard Åsberg

I'm having issues with night lighting on it, Ie the taxiways. Anyone else have same problem?

14ppkc-6.png

Could you be a bit more specific or even better yet provide a screenshot?

Generally speaking make sure you have SODE up and running and correctly configured since all the lighting is dependant on it the way I understood it from the developer and I think it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread as well.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks Richard. I've never used sode in my life yet!! Can you advise briefly what the key combo is to get it up (no pun intended)

Thanks

14ppkc-6.png

Hi there Pete!

When you install LFMN SODE will be installed as part of the installation procedure and it will then automatically launch what is called SODE Platform Manager where you need to verify the path to your sim installation folder as well as to your dll.xml and exe.xml files and then click the register button. Doing that will add the needed stuff to your exe.xml and dll.xml files and both the register button as well as the activation button will turn green indicating you're all set. This is what SODE Platform Manager looks like in my case.

Edited to add that as for activation and what I said about the activation button turning green automatically I think this might not be true if you have more than one simulator installed at the same time on your PC. I guess you'll then need to pick a simulator and then click the activate button. Since my only simulator is P3Dv3.3.5 it was activated automatically. This is just me guessing here but still thought I would clarify this if you have more than one simulator installed. You will probably be able to find more info about this in the SODE user guide I guess.

Then when you start your simulator you should have a SODE entry under your Add-On menu where you will also be able to find out that the key combo to bring up the SODE menu normally is TAB+S. However for JustSim's LFMN you don't really need to bother with the SODE menu since that is only used to trigger SODE controlled objects in the scenery like moving jetways and there are no such objects in the current version of LFMN. Instead SODE is simply used to give you all the taxi and runway lights during nighttime.

To learn more about SODE you can also find a user manual here.

Hope it helps!

Richard Åsberg

I informed the developer regarding the centerline lightning and SODE jetways. He will implement both with an update a bit later this year. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Re the lighting not working, I had the same problem at first, after installing into P3D v3.2.  It appeared that in my case SODE had not installed as part of the normal installation. The provided documentation left me slightly confused. However on looking at the LFMN Nice folder in P3D there is an exe. file titled Installer_SODE_v 1.33.  Running this then installed SODE and on firing up P3D I had full lighting for Nice.

In use I am aware of some shimmering on approach, but another effect is more irritating. When flying parallel to the runway at 2000 ft the runway lights appear as very bright vertical spikes of light until exactly abeam the runway, when they revert to a more normal appearance. I have seen this occasionally at some other airports, but much less obvious, so it may be due to something other than this scenery. I use ORBX FTXG and OLC EU and I am wondering if some of the recent changes ORBX made may be responsible.

Overall I am very happy with this scenery which generally looks very good and has replaced the AS version of Nice.

John B.

John B

I own the LFMN scenery from JustSim and have to tell that I'm very happy with it. As with Innsbruck, released this week, we should take these developers very seriously, they're doing an amazing good work!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I picked it up a few weeks ago as we'll be shooting the 22R RNAV and circle to land in Nice for our upcoming A320-X training program. I'm very happy so far - good frames and looks good. I too see some Z-fighting on the glass textures when stationary at the gate which is distracting, but I'm not sure what can be done about this. Either way, I'd recommend it. I'll also pick up their version of Innsbruck as at less than £20 it's a bargain from what I can see!

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I like the ILS Degree offsets when flying the Approach...

Makes it challenger to land.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Looking at LFMN real world videos it appears that the centreline lights on Rwy 04 Left or right, are visible at about 2 miles in fairly clear conditions. Like previous posters, In the sim I only see them at around one mile.

Strangely the second video, of an approach on Rwy 22R, shows the centreline lights much brighter in that direction. They come into the picture at about 2 miles on the turning approach, but would clearly have been visible much further out.

Videos are here:  Rwy 04L    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiMA8LGNcSw

Rwy 22L      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_1z7a1v8sE

John B