Sign in to follow this  
Guest D-EVIL

What do you fly?

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Just curious, what is your absolutely positively most favorite aircraft to fly in FS9?Not just the type, but the specific plane.Share what it is, what it does you like the most, why it's your favorite, where you fly it most, etc.The aircraft I keep returning to is Milton Shupe's Howard 500. I just cannot fly it enough! It's the funnest for me from starting it cold and dark at Springfield-Branson Regional (KSGF) and flying her to many various points, the most popular being Denver International (KDEN).I start at Springfield because it's the nearest large airport to me (I live in Cassville, about 55 miles or so southwest of Springfield) and I like watching AI traffic, and I like to fly to Denver because of the scenery and traffic when I get there.Sometimes I like to just fly around in the 500, too. Locations include Jackson Hole, Seattle, Hartsfield-Jackson, Chattanooga, and Bangor.The 500 has plenty of power, it's fast, and it has a big plane feel to it. The VC is awesome, along with the rest of the model. I like the way the cowl flaps look when I gave out the window, and I like watching those dual needle manifold vacuum gauges while I'm trimming her out at for cruise. I'm happy in this aircraft.My favorite repaint is Matthew Garraway's N303; the blue really makes the bird beautiful. My wife's favorite is Gregory Hux's N884SA because she likes the green. So I switch between those two the most.Handling, Power, Grace..I like the Howard 500!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-Dead bugs on the windshield.Mechanic-Live bugs on back-order.

FSD Piper Seneca VI've logged countless hours in the Seneca V going back to FS2002. It seems I've always had a Seneca somewhere in all my virtual flying days.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest bobsk8

Level D 767. It is the most realistic Airliner that I have flown in FS9, by far. Everything works, it is a joy to handfly, and it looks great...

Guest DK8290

I think the thing that comes to mind most is FSD COmmander 116TC even though I haven't used it in a while. It's just that it sticks in my head,I think second is the Lyons STA package. Something about that metallic look and that open cockpit and the scarf waving in the wind that appeals.

Mostly Level D, PMDG 737 series, iFDG Airbusses fitted with PSS panel, MAAM DC-3, 50 North 737 fitted with Ariane analog panel and Aerosim L1011. For GA I prefer Carenado 182 and DF Bonanza A36. I look for re-paints that load smoothly and don't jerk and cause the sim to pause.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Before I got the piper meridian, it was the Howard 500.I would have paid for it if it wasn't free. As it stands the piper meridian for 500 miles or more routes, and the FSD cessna 337 Skymaster for the 500 or less. This is GA only aircraft, for the commercial side the PDMG737NG series is my all time favorite aircraft to fly, with the Aeroworx B200 bringing up a very strong 2nd.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Payware - Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X I do have a couple of things I wish could be better about it. But it's a really great bird. Great flight dynamics, incredible sounds, virtual cabin with a nice animated lady in it, excellent external model, and the avionics are somewhat complex without being overly so. The startup routine is pretty neat and doesn't take a half an hour to figure out or do. The aircraft is pretty easy on the framerates. What do I wish could be better? I wish the virtual cockpit were a little clearer(seems a little blurry here and there) but it's still very well done. And I wish the flight plan/navigational display would work with the Reality XP 530 GNS, you have to use the default GPS 500.That's just one of a lot of great aircrafts I have, as I have quite a few! A number of developers out there have given us some really great stuff. :) I also still enjoy the Eaglesoft Hawker 400 XP fairly often. Although not quite a sexy as the Citation X it's a very nicely done aircraft too and how could you not like flying anything done with a Rob Young FDE? ;)2nd place would be the Aeorworx B200 or PMDG 737, only because they seem a little hard on the framerate. When flying the Aeroworx B200 I can't hardly tell the difference in looks when going from the 2D Panel to the VC! I think it probably has the most incredible look virtual cockpit I have ever seen.Freeware - Milton Shupe and company Beech D18S and Aero Commander 500.The Beech D18S is another aircraft where I can hardly tell the difference in looks when going from the 2D Panel to the VC, with the possible exception of the throttle quadrant.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

Great question, Jeremy. Thanks for asking.Milton's airplanes are the best. Incredible detail and fabulous flight models.I love just about all of Bill Lyons' work. Many, many thanks to him for offering it. His airplanes always have so much detail and lots of touches of genius. Very pleasant and lots of fun to fly. And great flight models.I have been trying a work-in-progress for the last few months, one of Joe Binka's wonderful models. Incredibly beautiful, very efficient with the latest smooth VC, and lots of fun effects. Great flight model. But, maybe I shouldn't be mentioning it since Joe hasn't released it.But, my absolute favorite, my default airplane, the one I start all my flights with and always come back to is... the default Cub! Laugh at me if you will, but I think that it is really great. I have made some very minor modifications to the flight model, but it really wasn't bad to start (although some people seem to hate it.) But, also, it is quite beautifully-rendered with moving guy wires and very nice textures. Definitely a low-and-slow type of aircraft, not for you 737-type guys.Best regards.Luis

Guest OneTinSoldier

I see Midnight Music mentioned MAAM-SIM. Both their Briefing Time B-25J and R4D-6/DC-3 are superb aircrafts. Both have flight dynamics done by Rob Young.The B-25J is also another very photorealistic VC where I can hardly tell the difference between the 2D Panel and the VC. And you can go to the forward bombers position in either 2D or in the virtual cabin for an incredible forward view, really cool! I hear it's it getting a makeover to make it's VC fully FS9 functional, ss in everything(or most everything) will will be clickable, VC rain effects, and animated pilots!Cheers

Guest John_Cillis

For me Bill Lyons' Challenger--just pure plain fun flying her around.... His Luscombe is a nice runner up--I almost feel like I can smell 60+ years of history when I set myself up inside its VC...-John

Guest oyvindhansen

The Aeroworx King Air. It is the most graceful (imho) of modern powered aircraft, represented in the sim by a nice visual model and VC, is fast enough for my type of flying (short trips), and and useful for both casual and hardcore simming.The B25 from MAAM-sim also deserves mention.-

Looks like a Milton fan fest.. :-) Though my PMDG737 is a close second, Milton's Aerocommander is the one plane I never want to see removed from my "hanger" Mike

Guest beana51

Tough question,easy answer.All "Bill Lyons","Dave Eckerts",and "Lionhearts"masterpieces. FS,for me opens with the "Greatest Airplanes, ARCHER".My all time favorite.Confused? You bettcha! There "all" good! "TO EACH HIS OWN" VIN;-)

Guest dolb

Number One:LDS 767, Never have I used an aircraft, so, complete, so perfect, I've been flying this aircraft for months (near its release), Non-stop, I just can't get enough of it!