Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight78

Mega-Airport Frankfurt!

Guest flight78

Hey ! who here is getting Mega airport Frankfurt?? I SURE AM !!! ive been looking forward to this for such a long time :D.Best regards:Alexander

I reckon there will be a Mega Frankfurt fly in fest when this hits the streets! :-jumpy ...I just hope the frames are right up there like the Simwings Charles de Gaulle scenery. :)

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131222.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Guest flight78

Sounds great to me ! hey ed what u doing up so early?? isnt it like 6am in the uk now.Best regards:Alexander

:-lol Hello Alex, b4 FS I used to get up at Midday ..now I am usually up at 5:30 am to get some surf time in on my broadband enabled computer (while "her indoors " is still in bed)before switching on my FS computer at 8.00am! ( when "her indoors" is out of bed) :-lol ....I need help man! :-zhelp

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131222.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

I can't wait! I will finally be able to get rid of the Simflyers version I have now.

Guest Ben_g

*IMHO* , this scenery looks terrible. the buildings look too generic to me ....ground texture looks nice , but i do believe the developers of the new EDDF scenery should take some lesssons from flightscenery.com/flytampa developers.Ben.

>*IMHO* , this scenery looks terrible. the buildings look too>generic to me ....>ground texture looks nice , but i do believe the developers of>the new EDDF scenery should take some lesssons from>flightscenery.com/flytampa developers.>>>>Ben.>>It's been some time since at the real EDDF but as far as I am concerned it looks just like the real thing.

Guest oyvindhansen

>ground texture looks nice , but i do believe the developers of>the new EDDF scenery should take some lesssons from>flightscenery.com/flytampa developers.>>Flightscenery perhaps, but Flytampa often uses blurry building textures. But the EDDF ground looks a bit too clean and synthetic to my eyes, like all airports from this developer, but I still think this scenery will be worth getting.-

Any improvement on Simflyers will be welcomed by me. Although the S/F EDDF version is nice, Frames are atrocious with a hundred or so AI planes sitting around.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest IanP

I had an interesting test a short while ago with Simflyers Dallas - Fort Worth scenery - I loaded it up and got 5fps on a system which usually gets in excess of 20 at complex airports in clear weather.Out of interest, I turned all AI off, all autogen off and all weather off. Still 5fps. Switched from the airliner I was sitting in to the default Cessna, still 5fps.Reset my settings, restarted the computer, relaunched FS, went back to the DFW scenery. 5fps in the default Cessna 172 in scattered cloud. Went to FlyTampa Seattle in heavy layered cloud and instantly got 14fps.However Simflyers make their scenery, my system really doesn't like it!Ian P.

>*IMHO* , this scenery looks terrible. >>I wouldn't say terrible but looking at the screenshots it is not up to quality of FlightScenery or FlyTampa or OSS. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

All I can say is framerates. Frankly if this airport is better on frames than the Simflyers version I will DEFINATEKLY be replacing my simflyers with it.

Guest Knikolaes

I have all of simflyers airports **smiles** Frankfurt, however, always seems to hit my frames. Along with orlando, but then again I have V1 of Orlando. Still have yet to get V2.I wrote to Simflyers too and they plan to redo their ground textures (at least that is what they said on their forum) to match the Megasceneries their airports fall into -- especially Dallas. That place stands out liek a cartoon against Megascenery.Frankfurt almost kills me on approaches though. Very heavy frames. I'd love to see what this version of Frankfurt has to offer.