Sign in to follow this  
Andili

precisionmanuals not a safe website issue

Hi all, 

I am new to the forum and I hope someone can help me due to me running out of ideas on how to fix this issue.

Here is the situation:

2 days ago I bought me the PMDG 737 base pack for my new P3D v3 simulatior after changing from FSX. 
I accessed the precisionmanuals from my work laptop and also payed the addon via my work laptop. 

The problem i am now having is that my Gaming Laptop will not let me access the "precisionmanuals shop" area inorder to Download the addon. 
It is not even loading the website i am getting a blank white screen with the following error message: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) 

It also says that the Website is not secure .. 

I have tried next to everything i could find on google regarding this problem.. 

Has anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Andi

This page is not secure.

Has anybody have an idea how to fix this?

If you go to the PMDG General Forum you will see they are working on the server - http://www.avsim.com/topic/492237-23jul16-oops-seems-we-still-have-activation-server-issues/.  AVSIM only hosts the PMDG Forums and you will have to ask your question in the PMDG forum or go to their website and submit a trouble ticket.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi andi, 

everything is working fine here! I was able to access to my account and dowloads page with no problems (tested with FF and IE).

Maybe you're having some problem with your browser or AV.

Hello Jim and pedrotrindade,

Thank you very much for your tips and suggestions, I have finally managed to fix the problem.

After researchng a bit more I was made aware that Norton AV/ family settings might be the problem.

I therefore uninstalled Norton and reinstalled it with different settings and now it works. 

Thanks again