Sign in to follow this  
lsummer101

Ground power

How do i get the ground Power ? i turn on the SW  But i dont know how to get GPU to the plane? 

Thanks Lee 

Are you looking for a visualization of the GPU or just an indication that ground power is being provided to the AC? There's no visualization of the GPU that I'm aware of (compared to the CJ series which has one spawned when you turn it on).

Can we come back to this, also would like to know. Had ground power on but my battery died. Something isn't right here. 

Unfortunately, Carenado decided apparently to hard code the battery life into the B350i program. This means that your battery dies after a very short periode of time. It's not even enough to follow a normal procedure (as instructed by ATC software) for listening to the ATIS and push and start. It also ignores what you set in FSUIPC for extended battery life.

The only way to do it, is ignore the black screens, start the right engine and flip the generator switch. Your screens come to live instantly.

This also means that you have to wait until the engines are running to insert the flightplan. Especially if it's a large one.

If there had been a fully functional GPU (doesn't even have to show the unit, as long as you see the Volts and Amps active), you can do it all before asking ATC for a push and start.

Dirk

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

a very short periode of time.

Just tested it. It was something like seven and a half minutes.

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

It's not exactly realistic, but you could 'simulate' having a GPU connected by adding this line to your aircraft.cfg file for the 350i:

electric_always_available =       1

This will enable power to the batteries no matter how long you run them without engine power available.

And btw, I have batteries on, the GPU switch on and the voltmeter set to CRT or TPL Fed for monitoring and it seems to be working without draining. I'm at 12 minutes so far with avionics on and still not flat. This is without the setting I mentioned above and in FSX. Are you guys using P3D or something?

I'm using P3Dv3.4. And.....  (shame on me, ha, ha) I just discovered that the External Power Unit switch works indeed with Volt selector on Crt.  It's the lack of decent documentation by Carenado that I was in the blind on this (and other) subject(s).

Dirk

I just discovered that the External Power Unit switch works indeed with Volt selector on Crt.  It's the lack of decent documentation by Carenado that I was in the blind on this (and other) subject(s).

Well, in this case kudos to Carenado for not documenting....as it is a bug :Shocked:

Tom

....as it is a bug

Well... put that on the list with many others like:

- some switches go up AND down with a left click while others go up with left and down with right click. Very confusing and irritating.

- The engine hours counter 1 hr = 10 hrs

- In the AP wrong mouse over text

- Just copy pages of the POH wherein many functions that are not even active in FS/P3D

... to name a few.

If the documentation had been just as good as the visual moddeling I would have been more than happy. Even the 8 Youtube videos on the Proline 21 are incomplete.

After I am 100% safe on this bird, I'll publish a 'How to fly the B350i' doc on this forum for newbie's and those who are still searching.

Dirk

Oooooohhhh SH!T

Just after this post I started a flight with External Power ON and the selector on CRT and guess what?

Today after a while all screens do go BLACK. Bat (all the way to the right) does give me some Volts, but the selector does not want to stay there and moves back to Tpl feed with zero Volts. That leaves me no other choice than updating the airccraft.cfg.

I'm guessing that's a delta between P3D and FSX in the modeling. I don't think I have infinite battery turned on in FSX, but I'll check. My rudder pedals broke recently, so all flights have been grounded until a suitable replacement is found.

I really think the electrical systems are going to be a limitation within FS, at least FSX anyway. The current version does not show voltages on the correct bus as it should. For general flying in the sim, as suggested, get at least one engine online then start all your avionics. Home base we use a GPU, but on the road it's all battery.