Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Installing P3d and Getting Trojan Warning

Folks, 

Doing a fresh install of P3d 3.3.5 and upon trying to install, my McAfee AV software stops the install due to a trojan being detected. The trojan is identified as -  rtemis!629A43F02E11

Any idea whats up? False positive? 

Thanks,

Bill

Doing a fresh install of P3d 3.3.5 and upon trying to install, my McAfee AV software stops the install due to a trojan bei

Whenever you download these kind of things you need to disable your antivirus temporarily or add this download to the "safe" list in your virus program.

If you just put the virus name in Google you would get the same advice as richie894 gave you.  Turn off your anti-virus.  It's a false positive

What them two said ^^^ 

When i got Bitdefender first i has this same Issue.  

When you run the Prepar3D Installer it will want to Penetrate 5 areas of your operating system, Install Location,  ProgramData +  AppData ► Roaming  + AppData ► Local  and Documents.    So yes theirs a lot going on there.