Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

White small dots flashing in VC

Hi, has anyone experienced small white dots flashing very quickly here and there on the VC window center frame and on the glareshield external frame? I had it happening a couple of times in the last days. They flash so quickly that it's not easy to realize, but if you look carefully you see them.

I have P3D v 3.3.

Thanks. 

James Goggi

James, I've been flying her every day for the past week or more and have not seen any unusual artifacts. However, my view is usually of the panel and part of the window during cruise.  Flashing at any particular part of the flight or random?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan. It was at the end of a 40 minutes flight and at the end of a quite intensive P3D testing day. Maybe something related to video card stress? The gpu temperature was anyway 60°C, I don't think it's too high.

The day after no more dots, but I used the computer for only about one hour. Will check again during the coming days.

James Goggi

Thanks Dan. It was at the end of a 40 minutes flight and at the end of a quite intensive P3D testing day. Maybe something related to video card stress? The gpu temperature was anyway 60°C, I don't think it's too high.

The day after no more dots, but I used the computer for only about one hour. Will check again during the coming days.

Such artifacting could be the result of a failing card (my old original first gen XBOX 360 did similar before its card failed), but I wouldn't start worrying just yet. 60C is pretty tame for most cards.

Try to grab a screenshot next time and post it here.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, crossing fingers about the card, it's only one and half years old... Anyway yesterday I did a 90 minutes flight and did not have the issue, let's be optimistic...

Thank you.

James Goggi