Sign in to follow this  
Germania

Aircraft turns right mid air

Hello,

I have a problem with my PMDG 777. When im enroute at some point of the route it just starts to veer to the right. I dont know whats wrong with it, cause AP is engaged and running fine. If i reselect the waypoint in the cdu it realigns on the magenta line but after like 1-2nm it starts to veer again.

screenshot_32ys01.png

May you help me, thanks!

May you help me, thanks!

What weather program are you using?

Full names - first and last.- are required to be placed in your posts here.

Kyle Rodgers

im using OpusFSI

Disable the wind aloft. Opus has been noted for having a sketchy upper wind model.

Kyle Rodgers

Where can I do that? 

Not sure. I've never used the program. You could also just not run the program for a flight to verify.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, i tried 3 flights today without Opus (TXL-CGN-TXL  in 737, had the same problem, and currently in 777 from LAX to SEA) and they all worked fine, I reinstalled Opus already. I will have a look for this setting and will reply, thanks!

There is 48kn crosswind in the image. Did you try entering that wind info for that leg in the FMC and see if the AP compensates and levels.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

There is 48kn crosswind in the image. Did you try entering that wind info for that leg in the FMC and see if the AP compensates and levels.

This won't solve it. Entering the wind into the FMC is only used for fuel/time calculations. A constant 48 knot wind is not going cause roll like that anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

This won't solve it. Entering the wind into the FMC is only used for fuel/time calculations. A constant 48 knot wind is not going cause roll like that anyway.

It might, I had a similar problem a while ago witht the PMDG NGX going off route. Entering the wind info in the FMC leveled the plane. That's actually how I learned about that page in the FMC I didn't know existed.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

It might, I had a similar problem a while ago witht the PMDG NGX going off route. Entering the wind info in the FMC leveled the plane. That's actually how I learned about that page in the FMC I didn't know existed.

With respect, it won't. What happened in your case was merely coincidental.

Firstly, again, this function only serves fuel/time predictions.

Secondly, in a physics sense, a constant wind will not cause any sort of moment on an aircraft flying through it. If the opposite were true, planes would be doing flips when using the jetstream, or flying through it.

I get that it probably makes sense to you, particularly because the issue resolved when you entered the wind, but from a software and a physical sense, it does not.

Kyle Rodgers

That's actually how I learned about that page in the FMC I didn't know existed

If that's how you found out about the FMC page you never read the NGX Introduction or did Tutorial 2. A crosswind has nothing to do with the NGX banking. You were doing something wrong. The NGX was being operated incorrectly.

Just out of curiosity, did you, by any chance, innadvertedly switch on the fsx / p3d buil-in auto-rudder in the Aircraft menu ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If that's how you found out about the FMC page you never read the NGX Introduction or did Tutorial 2. A crosswind has nothing to do with the NGX banking. You were doing something wrong. The NGX was being operated incorrectly.

You are correct, I never read the manual. But I am trying to help instead of judging.

Joel Pacheco