Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Top 5 Carenado/Alabeo Props

I have purchased very few Carenado/Alabeo aircraft over the past two years.  But reading here and there, it sounds like Carenado have stepped up their game with more accurate flight modelling and systems support

What are your top 5 prop aircraft from the Carenado/Alabeo stable in this regard?

Alabeo Seminole and Carenado Aero Commander. Very immersive.

Forget about the King Air offerings. Nice optics, and flight dynamics are good.

But Autopilot and PL21 ..... well, wait for Milviz :-)

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Obviously my very personal review:

1. Carenado - Aero Commander 500S Shrike HD    10/10

2. Caranado Cessna/Reims F406 Caravan II            9/10

3. Alabeo PA23 AZTEC F 250                                   8/10

These models are actually very good and enjoyable, in my opinion they are really worth every penny. Stay away from everything with complex avionics like Prodigy G1000 or Proline21, therefore Phenom 100/300, Hawker, King Airs etc.

My personal Carenado & Alabeo Propeller choices.

1. Carenado - Aero Commander 500S Shrike HD. -> Can't stop flying it. Help....

2. Carenado - A36 Bonanza -> Most immersive cockpit, It makes me fee like I'm in the real thing.

3. Alabeo - YMF5 WACO -> Fantastic Modern Biplane. Great for very Low & Slow Flying.

Got plenty more from them, but the aforementioned are my top prop choices.

Of course it is the Phenom 300.  Can't believe no one else has recommended it yet!  :Just Kidding: 

No really, I like it and it is my favorite right now.  I know some have had issues with the G1000 but most have installed the GTN 750 to make it a lot easier to program a flight and fly.  I may do that too some time in the future but right now I want to be confident I know the G1000 and Prodigy 1000 first (see barrel_owl thinks they are too complicated but I find them easy to program so far).  The G600's for navigation are difficult to use too but that's what I think flight simulation is all about.... learning how to use them properly.  Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for sure and the guys making the tutorials are not having any issues.

Thanks for asking!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Of course it is the Phenom 300. Can't believe no one else has recommended it yet! :Just Kidding:

Hello Jim.

The CJ2 and the Phenom 300 are my favorite Carenado Jets, but the OP asked for Props.

Cheers

Hello Jim.

The CJ2 and the Phenom 300 are my favorite Carenado Jets, but the OP asked for Props.

Cheers

Oh!  I suspect I should read the titles too!  My apologies to the OP.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I may do that too some time in the future but right now I want to be confident I know the G1000 and Prodigy 1000 first (see barrel_owl thinks they are too complicated but I find them easy to program so far). 

Actually I said complex, non complicated :-)

Maybe I should have said "too complex for Carenado" to make myself clearer, but this would maybe sound harsh and I always refrain from everything that may be considered as bashing. Such avionics are not complicated themselves, provided they worked by the book. Point is, they do not. Carenado versions of these systems are not only simplified, which is OK to a certain extent, they always also have several bugs. Specifically on the Phenom 300, I remember I created a video for their support to show a bug in the FMC programming. They acknowledged and promised they would fix it in their next release. That was October 2015, I am still waiting.

In general, Carenado released a lot of nice GA and turboprop aircraft. But I would definitely not recommend any of their latest business jets or turboprops with Proline21 and Prodigy G1000 to avoid any frustration. I know many of you are using a mod with GTN750 and are happy with it, I tested and do not like it. If the OP is seeking for a good business jet (while the Milviz King Air is still under production), I would recommend Flysimware's Lear 35A.

Oh!  I suspect I should read the titles too!  My apologies to the OP.

No problem Jim.  I'm not convinced from what I have read that Carenado's jets are quite up to snuff when it comes to their systems.  But I have been tempted by the Phenom 300 myself....

I'm much more interested in their piston props - this is where they have always shined.

If you don't have the piston Malibu Mirage 350P- you're missing out.

Best airfile of any prop single I have, truly an outstanding aircraft.

They have a preview of their new Cheyenne which I've been waiting for a for a long time.

Based on Carenado's record, I'd dare to say that their Dornier Do 228, which is very close to release according to their latest announcements, may also be another good candidate to the to-buy list.
But obviously we'll only now after it will have been released.

Do 228. Hm, will certainly look nice, but I guess authentic Autopilot and Systems are too much for Carenado to handle.

Small prop planes yes, but I`d be surprised if the Do 228 is their cup of tea.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080