Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Question on A2A C 172 trim setting.

I would imagine there are many A2A C 172 aircraft on this forum, I have a question on takeoff trim setting. I find that setting the trim in the takeoff  position results in a very high climb rate requiring a great deal of nose down trim after lift off to get the normal Vy speed of around 79 knots. I also find that if I set the trim so that the indicator is lined up with the bottom of the K in takeoff which is about -35% if I mouse over the trim wheel, , that the pitch is normal on rotation getting me around 80 knots for climb out. Has anyone else noticed this? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I noticed too like many other. According developper and 172R users, this is like in the real aircraft. This setting can also varied depending on whether you fly alone or with passengers, luggages and so...

Regards,

Richard Portier

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I found out this morning, that the updates that had come out for the A2A aircraft, had not properly installed in my C 172. I had to delete a file, and then run the update again, and this time it "took", and now the trim behavior is much much better. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

How did you know they were not properly installed?

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Not directly related, but for anyone who finds the trim movement in the A2A's painfully slow, if you go to the aifcraft.cfg and search for

elevator_trim_limit

....and change the value from 100 to 19.5, this will give a similar trim moving speed to other GA aircraft in FSX/P3D.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

How did you know they were not properly installed?

I was told by a forum moderator that the behavior I was seeing sounded like pre-update. When I followed his instructions and ran the update again, a new aircraft.cfg was created, which I had not had happen in prior installs of the update. The aircraft handles so much better now.  Apparently what had happened, when I went from P3D 2 to version 3, and reinstalled my A2A aircraft, he folder already had an entry in this file  "   client .wyc file "                          that the update was run in Version 2, so it would not run the update again. I had to delete that entry in the A2A folder. 

Not directly related, but for anyone who finds the trim movement in the A2A's painfully slow, if you go to the aifcraft.cfg and search for

elevator_trim_limit

....and change the value from 100 to 19.5, this will give a similar trim moving speed to other GA aircraft in FSX/P3D.

Better idea, if it is an A2A aircraft, go to the A2A configurator and program your trim joystick buttons in that. The trim movement is fantastic now. 

I was told by a forum moderator that the behavior I was seeing sounded like pre-update. When I followed his instructions and ran the update again, a new aircraft.cfg was created, which I had not had happen in prior installs of the update. The aircraft handles so much better now. Apparently what had happened, when I went from P3D 2 to version 3, and reinstalled my A2A aircraft, he folder already had an entry in this file " client .wyc file[/size] " that the update was run in Version 2, so it would not run the update again. I had to delete that entry in the A2A folder.

Better idea, if it is an A2A aircraft, go to the A2A configurator and program your trim joystick buttons in that. The trim movement is fantastic now.

Thanks!!! And now I finally know how to document ALL configure files

aileron_area =18.30000 //Square feet

rudder_area =9.00000 //Square feet

elevator_up_limit =28.00000 //Degrees

elevator_down_limit =21.00000 //Degrees

aileron_up_limit =30.00000 //Degrees

aileron_down_limit =20.00000 //Degrees

rudder_limit =24.00000 //Degrees

elevator_trim_limit =19.50000 //Degrees

spoiler_limit =100.00000 //Degrees

spoilerons_available =0 //Spoilerons Available?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2