Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Autogen VS. LOD Radius

Please share your impression on what looks better for you when flying heavy VAS airliners: Autogen=Dense or LOD Radius=5.5? Clearly you can't use both flying PMDG777 into say uk2000's EGLL, either Normal/@5.5 or Dense/@4.5, so what's your preference in this trade off?

Thank you.

Dirk. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Personally, for IFR flights I created a preset "IFR medium" where I only reduced the autogen from "extremely dense" to "normal", while for VFR, I use almost everything maxed out. That adaptation alone was sufficient to eliminate OOMs I had when approaching EDDF v2 from another heavy addon airport such as ESSA or LSZH v2. Means: I would go for the "Normal/@5.5" setup, as I prefer a slightly reduced number of autogen buildings but bigger lod radius over slightly more autogen buildings but low lod radius. Especially for IFR flights, if you are at 30'000ft or more, the reduced lod radius is more easily visible compared to flying low level, while the autogen is anyway not visible anymore at 30'000ft.

• Upvote 1

What is your texture max load and texture resolution when Normal/5.5 (as they also eat up VAS)?

Thanks,

Dirk

For IFR and flying tubeliners I set everything to normal. Lower shadows, special effects, water, etc. And VFR, mostly extreme on most sliders.

For IFR and flying tubeliners I set everything to normal. Lower shadows, special effects, water, etc. And VFR, mostly extreme on most sliders.

Aaron, where is your Texture resolution at for flying tubeliners? Does Water Detail affect VAS? Does Special effects detail setting affect VAS? FPS is not a problem on my TitanX, 6700k@4.6GHz

Thanks,

Dirk.